AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any other owners of a Cellar Cinemas HTPC out there who have any ideas what to do for upgrade or repair? Are there any firms that have said they would work on these units?

Also, I'm a little curious as to what might have happened to the firm or to Craig. He was such a knowledgeable and helpful guy. Did he pass on to the great Home Theater in the sky, or maybe just retire?

Thanks.

--Milt--

·
Registered
537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt /forum/post/16912472

Also, I'm a little curious as to what might have happened to the firm or to Craig. He was such a knowledgeable and helpful guy. Did he pass on to the great Home Theater in the sky, or maybe just retire?

Thanks.

--Milt--

Cellar Cinemas (Craig Heim) was shut down effective 6/30/08

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Since this guy has been out of business for over a year, there isn't really much info on the web about these HTPCs. I'd be really surprised if there is any proprietary hardware in them though. I'm sure he was just building them from off-the-shelf components.

Since they're just PCs, you'd upgrade and repair them as you would any other computer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a Cellar Cinemas HTPC with a cooked motherboard. I just found out Craig went out of business. Anyone interested in it? has nice brushed aluminum case by D-vine.

He built nice machines but they are just PCs with nice componentry...

Barry

Doylestown, PA

·
Registered
1,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocahills /forum/post/20156068

I have the same issue. Not computer savvy to do all of the upgrades my self likely. Would like to get the PC to Windows 7, HDMI, BluRay, etc. . . . Suggestions on how to do so?

First thing to do is open the case and get the manufacturer and model # off the motherboard, should be printed on it. With that information help could be given on what to do.

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersbar /forum/post/16939926

I have a Cellar Cinemas HTPC with a cooked motherboard. I just found out Craig went out of business. Anyone interested in it? has nice brushed aluminum case by D-vine.

He built nice machines but they are just PCs with nice componentry...

Barry

Doylestown, PA

I'm interested. PM me some pictures.

I like to recycle.

·
Registered
137 Posts
but he subscribed to this thread...

unfortunately that went into trash a year ago. shame, it had a beautiful D-Vine case. replaced with Dell Studio refurb for $500.

cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts