AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, now also looking for a new center channel. I was wondering what the general consensus is on good center channels for around $200? Which would you guys say is the best at reproducing voices and sounds that come from the center channel on DVDs? I am looking for a center channel that can reproduce voices VERY accurately, but that also has a somewhat "warm" sound to it. (not too warm)

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy /forum/post/12879698

What are you using for mains? Match your new center sonically with your mains, or you'll risk having a mismatched front end, not good!

My mains will likely be large horn loaded towers. Hmm, what about the Bic Acoustech center channel?

·
Registered
472 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy /forum/post/12879698

What are you using for mains? Match your new center sonically with your mains, or you'll risk having a mismatched front end, not good!

I second this. Use a center from the same line/brand as your fronts for best results.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Take a look at Hsu Research and SVS center speakers. I have one of each. Both are very good. The Hsu is quite large and puts out!. The SVS is also veRy good and I think the SVS center is on sale. You can also check both B-Stock listings.

They are in your price range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts