AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be a good center channel to complement by Athena B1's? If I could do it for under $200 that would be even better.

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
The AS-C1 is made to go with the B1s. I got all three (2-B1s and a C1) at BB for about $100 with a 30% off coupon (open box items) a couple of months ago. It was a great buy!

The sound is clean and I am very happy with these speakers. :D

Keep an eye out at BB for open box speakers. The ASC1 goes for a little over $100 (check online) but can be had for less. Keep looking. Good luck.

http://athenaspeakers.com/modelASC1.htm

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'll just add that you should consider using either a single F1, or B1, or B2 as a center speaker instead of the C1; if they can be oriented properly in your setup, etc. I'm not saying that the C1 is really bad, it's just that SOME people prefer using a single bookshelf speaker (B1 or B2) over the C1. If you search the forum, you'll see the various opinions on this subject.

good luck.

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
I do agree with Budgetman.

Although my ASC1 sounds very good and blends with my B1s better than I've heard in other setups I've used. I did try out the Athena point 5s for a while but they lacked the low midrange and bass of the B1 - C1 setup. And when doing tone adjustments with the DVE disc I could hear a very real difference between the center channel and the fronts. I returned the point 5s.

When I do a setup with the B1s and C1 the tone is quite equal. And my Setup needs the low profile of the C1. Had I more room I would really prefer using the same speaker all around. But, I'm pretty satisfied with the sound quality I'm getting now.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Sullender, you'll enjoy it. I was considering getting three for the front setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.