AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i measured the sony stand for the 60xbr800. the lower level only has 7 1/4 inches clearance. the upper level glass is slightly higher, but that glass pane's supporting bars make the lower lever only have 7 1/4 clearance in terms of height for a center channel speaker.

may i please ask what high quality center channel speakers you guys have found that would work here? i would prefer to not get an additional center channel speaker stand to put in front of the tv, too fussy.

my direct email is: [email protected]

by the way, the B&W LCR 60S3 works at under 7" height. the LCR 600S3 does NOT work at 8" H. the PSB image (the smaller one works, the larger one doesn't work). any other ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
eieio,

One problem with that setup IMO is that your center speaker is going to be pretty low in comparison to the screen itself, somewhat separating the center channel audio from the image. - The problem being that the GW2 itself with it's lower pedestal.

You might almost be better off to place the center channel just above the screen, if you can.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 60xbr800 is not deep at all at the top (almost very slender like, but of course not exactly like, a plasma). To balance a large and deep B&W center channel (at 12.2 inches deep!) will be precarious to the max! Plus, won't the vibrations from the center channel be bad for the various elements in the tv itself?

the low placement is not ideal, i know. i was thinking, however, that since my seating position is around 13 to 14 feet away from the tv, wouldn't that relatively long distance be a mitigating factor? as you can imagine, the dispersion angle gets larger as the distance goes further away.

any ideas would be appreciated! a center channel stand would be soooo fussy. what do you think of the 60S3 rather than the 600S3? are you familiar with the B&W speakers? what do you use? any ideas on receivers? there are so many formats out there that i don't even know what is important and what is just marketing hype!

since i expect only to have 5 speakers plus subwoofer, i thought that all those extra fancy "modes" that require more than the number of speakers i intend to have are all superfluous, since i already have, in the same living room, two large main speakers for my main stereo. 5 new speakers, plus a new subwoofer, plus my existing two large speakers (Genesis) for my main stereo, is already overwhelming for a living room! yikes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.