AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just a small fish in the home theater pond, but I am looking for a new center channel and was hoping for some input.

The house I moved into has 4 built-in SpeakerCraft 6MT in-wall speakers (not sure if they are the ones, twos, threes, or fours...haven't taken the grills off yet since the previous owner painted over the frames). Due to numerous issues, I'm using one of the side speakers from my Pioneer PDP4360 as the center channel. I'm hoping to get a nicer center channel.

Today, I went to Magnolia AV where the previous owners purchased the SpeakerCrafts. The salesman pointed me to the Monitor Audio Bronze LCR. It sounded nice to me. $250 is about the amount I want to spend. A few questions:

- This one is a dumb one, but a nice Center is going to sound MUCH better than the speaker that came with my plasma...right???

- Can anyone vouch for the Monitor Audio speakers? The owners thread seems to be very positive. Are they a good match for my SpeakerCraft in-wall speakers?

- Any suggestions on the best place to buy one? Monitor's US website is down due to bandwidth (that makes me a bit nervous) so I can't find the dealers. I would love to pay a bit less than what Magnolia is charging if possible. I found one on ebay that has a small tear in the grill...I may be able to put up with that if it is really cheap.

Thank you for any input!!!

Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As a quick follow-up...

I forgot to mention, 90% of my use is Home Theater/Gaming while 10% is music.

Also, I just came across the SpeakerCraft AIM Monitor One LCR online. Wouldn't that match my in-walls better than the Monitor Audios? Any thoughts there?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.