AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this should be posted here or the speaker forum but I'll try here first. I'll be receiving and mounting a plasma panel to the wall in the next couple of weeks. In measuring, I see that if I place my center channel speaker on top of my subwoofer and place them both under the plasma, it would put the center channel up to the bottom bezel of the plasma which is where I want it. Is this acceptable? I don't see too many layouts with the subwoofer under the TV. I think I would need to at least put felt pads under the center channel to avoid it from moving and shaking. Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
You think you might need some felt and pads I would say so indeed. But, putting the centre channel and I’m assuming it’s a mismatched one and LCR should all be matching and placed at the same height if you ever what to hear perfect sound with perfect picture, I can’t stress that any further.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. The Center, Right and Left are all matching paradigm speakers and the subwoofer is M&K V-125. By doing this the center will be almost to the height of the left and right speakers. My biggest concern is that the subwoofer will somehow overpower the center channel or make it seem too boomy.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
Wow don’t I feel like an a$$hole then.
I’ve been running matching LCR JBL for 18 years now. Its down to you how you design it use pen and paper and design a few dozen ideas that have the LCR at the same height make it work!

Keep the sub to floor if what or experiment and don’t forget to take pictures as this idea may or may help others out because pictures says a thousand words.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Why would the sub overpower the center if its level matched. Seems like a viable setup as long as ur sub is inert enough not to shake, and the position doesnt make it sound bad.

·
Registered
16,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveflave /forum/post/14226085

Not sure if this should be posted here or the speaker forum but I'll try here first. I'll be receiving and mounting a plasma panel to the wall in the next couple of weeks. In measuring, I see that if I place my center channel speaker on top of my subwoofer and place them both under the plasma, it would put the center channel up to the bottom bezel of the plasma which is where I want it. Is this acceptable? I don't see too many layouts with the subwoofer under the TV. I think I would need to at least put felt pads under the center channel to avoid it from moving and shaking. Thanks for the help.

I have my JBL front left speaker on top of my 12/2 Ultra and have never had ANY problems. Try it out to know for sure, but you should be fine

·
Banned
5,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe /forum/post/14226853

I have my JBL front left speaker on top of my 12/2 Ultra and have never had ANY problems. Try it out to know for sure, but you should be fine

He's running matching paradigm speakers I'm running JBL, not him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts