AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this topic has been covered already, I searched but couldn't find exactly what I need.

Moving into a new place and the best location to mount the TV is over the fireplace. The location is already wired with an outlet and an HDMI plug that runs to an outlet down the wall. I'm going with Monoprice in walls for the speakers, and the rest of my system I'll carry over from the old place.

My only concern is what to do about the center channel speaker. I'd like to go with the monoprice center channel, but I'm not sure where to mount it. If I go below the TV, I'm worried about the viewing angle. If I go above the TV I worried about about the direction from the center channel. The monoprice centers don't seem to have adjustable tweeters.

Anyone have a suggestion for mounting the center channel? Below is a picture for reference.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i would mount the tv on the right wall near the window, and put your speakers on that wall too. The fireplace is just a terrible location for a tv and too high up, imo. You will have to reroute the cables through the wall though. I just dont get home builders these days thinking people want tv's above fireplaces, or in a corner of the room.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
+1. You really don't want to look up at the TV...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like that too, but the WAF factor means the TV is going above the fireplace. Plus there are shelves that need to go on that wall. Any suggestions on the center speaker placement? I'll probably mount the TV and try it out before committing to that location.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there anything special that needs to be done from the AVR to get a phantom center to work? Is there a significant difference in sound quality between a 5.1 setup and 4.1?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aecky01 /forum/post/20911588

Is there anything special that needs to be done from the AVR to get a phantom center to work? Is there a significant difference in sound quality between a 5.1 setup and 4.1?

Nope. Just run your AVR's built-in calibration or turn your center channel to "none" and it will take care of the rest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.