AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I am upgrading my old Phase Tech center channel and should probably match my Phase Tech tower mains with a better Phase Tech center channel (PC-3II). However, I like the idea of the Mirage Omnipolars and could pick up an OM-C2 instead. Would this be a mistake or would the omnipolar center be sufficiently ahead in design concept to warrant going with it? I do employ Omnisat Micros for surround, where timbre matching generally attracts less comment. The seating area is fairly wide, hence my concerns about a small sweet spot. So which would you choose? (I do not have the opportunity to demo in my own system.)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Unless you plan on replacing your Phase Tech mains with Mirage OM's, I say stick with the PC-3.1 II. To me, timbre matching is critical for the front speakers and should only be violated temporarily for upgrading.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rcgustafson
I do employ Omnisat Micros for surround, where timbre matching generally attracts less comment.
How do you like the Omnisat Micros? I was thinking of using them for surrounds also (either 2 for L/R surrounds or possibly 4 for rears and sides).

The sales guys was trying to talk me into Omnisats (non-micros).

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Juicy, I got a little ahead of myself. I don't have the Micros installed and am now reconsidering. I am getting flack on their appearance and will probably switch to in ceiling surrounds. A lot of people seem to be very happy with the Omnisats and Omnisat Micros. Mirage/Energy do make an omnipolar in ceiling speaker that I am looking at, but it costs $900. pair.

As for the center channel--I think staying in the Phase Tech family is the winner.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I recently demo'd the omni's (non micros) at a local tweeter. I heard them powered by the denon 3803 and the yammy 2400. I was honestly quite impressed with their sound. The bass that the two produced is what surprised me the most (had a nice punch and was non-boomy). I have mb quart titanium tweeters in my car and love the sound of the titanium which may have contributed to why I liked the omni's as well.

Just passing along my .02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.