AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking into upgrading my 2.0 system to a 5.0/5.1 configuration. Because I'm a bit tight on budget, i want to try reusing the existing speakers first.

The Receiver will probably be an Sony STR-DN840 or Sony STR-DH540. The speakers are two Sharp GP-7700.

Most of the usual suggestions (e.g. Pioneer 22) are not easily available here (germany), hence i was looking into JBLs

Currently i'm considering:

JBL Loft 20 or JBL Studio 120 as center

and

JBL Loft 30, ES 20 or Studio 130 as rear.

Is this a decent choice or should i look for something else ?

is the studio line worth the additional price ?

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
What is your overall budget for your new three speakers? That way people can make suggestions

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1525954/center-rear-for-existing-fronts-jbl-stud#post_24575099

What is your overall budget for your new three speakers? That way people can make suggestions

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After doing a bit more research, i think the right choice for me would be the Dali Zensor 1, because they seem to perform quite well even when positioned close to a wall. (140€) They are a bit more expensive then what i had in mind, but it is still okay. The problem is the center: A Dali Vokal (280€) is far to expensive.

The other speakers i'm considering are Heco Metas XT (Surround:110€, Center:100€) But they should not perform as good when positioned close to a wall. But the biggest drawback is, they don't have a mounting holes on the back, which i deem fairly important (don't want a mounting system with rails&clamps)

The amp will be a Denon X2000 (or Yamaha RX-V675).

Is mixing a Heco Meta XT Center with the Dali Zensor 1s an acceptable plan ? Or is there another system with mounting holes, that i should consider ?

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Your front three speakers should timbre match. That generally means three of the exact same, or the manufacturer created center designed to match. Sometimes a mismatched center is no better (or worse) than no center at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1525954/center-rear-for-existing-fronts-jbl-stud#post_24629625

Your front three speakers should timbre match. That generally means three of the exact same, or the manufacturer created center designed to match. Sometimes a mismatched center is no better (or worse) than no center at all.
Considering this, i m now also looking for 5.0/5.1 sets and found two nice offers:

X2000+Jamo S626 for 750€

X2000+Jamo S628 for 900€

Distance to the wall for the fronts is no problem, but the rears will be wall mounted.

Usage. 60% movies, 20% electronic, 20% hiphop music

Opinions ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts