AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping some of you experts out there can help me with recommendations for a center speaker. I currently have MB Quart Veras for my L/R and Vera Books for my Rears. Unfortunately, I do not have a matching center so I'm am looking for a nice compliment. Any suggestions out there?

I've listened to the ML Motif and 50xt which I like. The BW CM Centre 2 S2 I didn't care too much for. Everyone seems to rave about the Ascend Horizon Centers. My budget is less than 2k.

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
7,376 Posts
If you can accommodate it in your setup why not just add another Vera for your center (look for one of these or the matching center on the used market)?

·
Banned
5,866 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about using one of the books as centers but aesthetically it doesn't look all that good and it leaves me with 1 unused speaker which seems like a waste... I'd like a traditional horizontal center. I know matching is important but I'd settle for something that's similar.

·
Premium Member
7,376 Posts
The best setup is to have three matching speakers up front. I still think the best idea would be to find the matching center used.

Reactions: darthray and muzz

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Nothing beats 3 identical vertical speakers. Nothing.
Not possible for myself, as my L/R are floorstanders.

The only way I could get matching L/C/R is get tiny little speakers. Something like M&K K5. But then stereo performance would be downgrade over my high end floorstanders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finding used MB Veras or Alexxa centers is almost impossible. I've been looking for months, both local and Europe sites.

Because of that, I need to find a quality center that is known as a good generic match. Not looking for perfect but next best thing.

·
Premium Member
7,376 Posts
I understand. Perhaps you could try another model from the MB line. That might still work out better for you than the other centers you mentioned from other manufacturers (possible timbre match more likely).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts