AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Kef Reference three L/R and a 200c center. I have a 90c that has the same uniQ driver as the fronts. What would be wrong with picking up another 90c center and using it as a surround? Bookshef size speakers that use the same driver as my fronts are hard to come by. Is there anything about a center that would make it a lesser surround? For the side surrounds I could use stands to each side of the seating area. To go a step further would there be anything wrong with mounting them vertically to the wall as surround backs. This would be of an advantage to me since I only have 6" of wall space between windows where the surround backs need to go. Vertical orientation would keep the oultline of the speaker neatly between the windows. I am exploring different possibilities and this option came to mind. As much reading as I have done on forums I can't remember anyone discussing this use of center speakers as surrounds.

Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.