AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an older JVC 5.1 surround sound system, with the basic JVC speakers.

I upgraded my center speaker to a better Pioneer S-DC1-K Center Channel speaker.

My question is do I need to change out my remaining JVC speakers or can I use them with my current system.

I have a chance to pick up some replacement basic pioneer surround speakers and am wondering if this would be the best thing to do.

I need to move on the pioneer speakers soon so a quick answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttersea /forum/post/16907193

I currently have an older JVC 5.1 surround sound system, with the basic JVC speakers.

I upgraded my center speaker to a better Pioneer S-DC1-K Center Channel speaker.

My question is do I need to change out my remaining JVC speakers or can I use them with my current system.

I have a chance to pick up some replacement basic pioneer surround speakers and am wondering if this would be the best thing to do.

I need to move on the pioneer speakers soon so a quick answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Just because they are Pioneers doesn't mean they will have the same tonality as your new center. However, if the Pio speakers are an upgrade to the JVCs, go for it.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You don't have too. I haven't heard these but does the new one blend with the old ones? Also just because the new ones are poineer doesn't mean they will sound better with the center or better than what you have. If the construction to the center similar to the ones you are looking at? Also is this for music or movies? If the center is the jem of your system now you can turn it up a little or turn the others down.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, yes my center speaker would be the gem of my system, not a huge gem, but a better gem nonetheless.

I think the current JVC speakers I have would be just as good as the pioneer speakers so this will save me some money from buying them.

Thanks for the advise!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.