AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a speaker that was given to me and its from a Pioneer Kuro 5020 and I was told that it would make a great center speaker for a 5.1 system.

I am looking at a pair of Def Tech 7004 Floor Standings speakers and was going to get the matching 2002 Center speaker to go along with those.

Can I use the speaker from the Pioneer for my center speaker and save some money and pass on the Def Tech 2002? I'm not sure, but I thought you had to match up the Center and floor standing speaker?

I'm a newbie and a bit confused.

Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
i have no doubt the l/r/c should all match. with that said, mine don't, and i've used the setup for a couple of years and been pretty happy. if you can afford it, i guess get them all to match, but if you can't, it won't be the end of the world. especially if you get a matching center later down the road.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Sorry that TV speaker is not even close to a real center speaker. I have a Kuro PRO-111FD, while the speakers are better than average for TV speakers, I would never consider them as a replacement for a real center channel speaker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts