AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Focal Chrous 807V for my fronts and no where can I find the 800 series fronts as they seemed to be discontinued. I did end up purchasing the Focal cc700 for my center. I'm wondering would there have been another brand maybe to go with instead of keeping them the same name brand or will the 700's do just fine. I want something that will make a big difference as don't laugh as I now have the Bose VCS 10 center as I just got the Focal fronts. My system sounds good but I hope the cc700's will be a big improvement and that they will match up nicely with my 807V's. Thanks for any information that I'm able to get.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I have the Focal Chrous 807V for my fronts and no where can I find the 800 series fronts as they seemed to be discontinued. I did end up purchasing the Focal cc700 for my center. I'm wondering would there have been another brand maybe to go with instead of keeping them the same name brand or will the 700's do just fine. I want something that will make a big difference as don't laugh as I now have the Bose VCS 10 center as I just got the Focal fronts. My system sounds good but I hope the cc700's will be a big improvement and that they will match up nicely with my 807V's. Thanks for any information that I'm able to get.
I would see if you could purchase a single 807V for a center.

I would also go to the focal website and locate a dealer, call a few and ask them if they have your specific needed center. If not, ask if you can purchase a single 807V bookshelf. I occasionally find them on Amazon, Crutchfield, and Newegg, but it seems they do not have any in stock, as you mentioned. With patience comes reward in the HT world. Which means you are better off waiting until you can find a center or bookshelf.

In the meantime, I would run a phantom center - meaning don't use a center at all. Just disconnect it, and re-run your room correction (Audyssey, YAPO, etc.)

It's best to have the front three speakers the same brand and line.

·
Registered
643 Posts

I would also go to the focal website and locate a dealer, call a few and ask them if they have your specific needed center. If not, ask if you can purchase a single 807V bookshelf. I occasionally find them on Amazon, Crutchfield, and Newegg, but it seems they do not have any in stock, as you mentioned. With patience comes reward in the HT world. Which means you are better off waiting until you can find a center or bookshelf.

In the meantime, I would run a phantom center - meaning don't use a center at all. Just disconnect it, and re-run your room correction (Audyssey, YAPO, etc.)

Best, sure. But not mandatory.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
You can call a Focal dealer and ask what they think, but I think that's probably the next best option for you. I swear I read somewhere that the 800 series was largely a cosmetic upgrade over the 700 series, so it could be the centers sound very similar. Maybe try posting in the Focal Owner's Thread and see what they think.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

So are you saying going with the Focal CC700 won't make the big difference I'm hope to hear as going with another 807V for my center is not what I want to do. Thanks for the info though.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Just keep an eye on ebay, forums, craigslist.

I managed to get a Celestion A4C within two weeks of A3's and they're both 15 years old, and don't come up that often (and the ones that do are damaged in same way)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can call a Focal dealer and ask what they think, but I think that's probably the next best option for you. I swear I read somewhere that the 800 series was largely a cosmetic upgrade over the 700 series, so it could be the centers sound very similar. Maybe try posting in the Focal Owner's Thread and see what they think.
Well I found out that the 700 series do sound very similar to the 800's so nothing to be concerned about when pairing them up.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Well I found out that the 700 series do sound very similar to the 800's so nothing to be concerned about when pairing them up.
You are good to go then!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts