AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung 5663 DLP TV with Paradigm sepakers. I am using the CC270 as my center speaker. I would idealy like to mount it on top of the TV but the top shelf is very narrow - approximately 2" or less. The back of the TV slopes down very sharply. Can I get a wall bracket that will mount it flush with the front of the TV or is there any hardware that will attach to the back of the TV??

Thanks

Andy

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
I would use a shelf above the TV mounted to the wall. Some here like to mount their CC in front of the TV on a small stand, but that looks rather silly and is pretty distracting to the eye. Some swear by it, but I wouldn't dare have it that way in my home.

Go with a shelf above the TV and be done with it.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Blkout
I would use a shelf above the TV mounted to the wall. Some here like to mount their CC in front of the TV on a small stand, but that looks rather silly and is pretty distracting to the eye. Some swear by it, but I wouldn't dare have it that way in my home.

Go with a shelf above the TV and be done with it.
Unless you know the reasoning behind our logic in putting the CC in front of the TV, dont knock it unless you've tried it. You can offer your suggestions to the poster but dont make it sound like "its this way or the highway!" I see by your other posts that your GF doesnt like the look of your SVS sub so a change may be in order....is this the reasoning behind the CC issue? If not, then keep those blinders on and dont try anything new. We understand.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
With my hlp 6163, I have the center channel speaker mounted on the top as follows: a strip of velcro is attached to the bottom front edge of the speaker, and the matching strip to the top (2"wide) of the tv. A light wooden stick is used to support the back of the center speaker; it is also attached via velcro, a piece on the bottom of the speaker and on the sloping back of the tv. A small velcro piece on the two ends of the wooden stick keeps it from slipping. Is quite secure and looks fine. And having the center speaker 'exposed' this way gives much better sound than having it in the stand below (where I have it originally).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the thoughts.

Before I read millerwill's reply. I went to home depot and bought some wood for a custom shelf. My plan would be to use 1/4" ply that I edge with 1X2 poplar routed to inset the plywood and build a 24" wide by 18" deep shelf that would go just behind and level with the top of the TV. The speaker would be supported in the front by the TV and in the back by the shelf.

I'm going to try millerwell's idea first. What are your center speaker dimensions and weight? Do you have a picture??

Thanks again

Andy

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
Andyz, Sorry that I don't have a digital camera to send a picture. My center speaker is that of the Onkyo HTS-770 HTiB system; it's about 16" wide, 9" deep, 6" high and weighs about 8lbs. Got the velcro at Home Depot. I am amazed at how much better the sound is having it up on top than in a component compartment in the stand below the tv.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.