AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a Pioneer home theater system with VSX C300 receiver. A week ago, loud static and other crackling noises started coming out of the center speaker. The receiver would automatically turn off sometimes when a loud sound comes, and may turn back on again by itself. This happens whether you are listening to the radio on the receiver, or playing satellite TV sound, or playing a DVD. Now the center speaker only loud static, no meaningful sound. If I plug in any other speaker with any other wire in the center channel slot, the same static comes out of that speaker too. The center speaker works fine on other channels. So it is not the speaker itself or the speaker wire. Anything I can do? I plugged in a multimeter in the center wire slots to see if there is a short circuit, but it is not showing any short circuit. Any hope? Everything else is working fine so you hate to throw away the whole system. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.