AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a center speaker for my home theater setup. It is a small room 10x10 but I want to be able to keep this speaker for quite awhile if we move etc. I use this system for gamin, movies, and music.

I am currently running a pair of JBL LXE770's as my mains.

I have been looking at JBL centers since my mains are JBL's but I would be open to any good quality, good sounding center from any manufacturer.

I am trying to keep the price point below $200 but I don't want to regret not getting the right center.

I am especially interested in the JBL ES25C and the JBL LC1.

The ES25C is going for $179 on amazon and the LC1 is going for $249.

Based on the specs they look very similar, but I think the biggest difference besides the extra 1/4" of speaker is the 1" pure titanium tweeter in the LC1, which would match what is in my mains.

I have heard that it is good to match the tweeter to your mains to get the best sound field but I dont know anything about that.

Looking for a little help in justifying the extra $70 for the LC1 or any recommendations for another center are greatly welcome too!

Thanks so much in advance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking for a little help here.. I also started looking at the BIC Acoustech series speakers. They seem to be very well made and people have nothing but good things to say about them. Should I go with the PL-28 II Center and then build my system from there? The reason is that the mains I am using are quite outdated and wont be getting any easier to match to...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts