AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My home theatre and music system is one and the same. I have PSB Image 6T's up front with a PSB Image 9C center speakers. Right smack in the middle of the front speakers, I have a Mirage BPS-400 subwoofer. I want to have the top of the center speaker exactly as high as the tops of the 6T's. I will put a table over the subwoofer, so that I can tweak the subwoofer placement, closer to the wall, farther from the wall etc.

What is a good speaker stand for a center speaker? It must be small. Like only 8.5 inches high max. I'll probably make something myself, as a stand this small is likely not available? Just checking though.

Any ideas?

:)

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
How about a wall-mounted shelf?

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thats not a bad idea. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks. That way I don't need a table and the subwoofer can move freely. Only problem is, the wall mounted shelf will have to stick out quite a bit, as the 6T front speakers stick out quite a bit. Should work, is un-obtrusive and simple. I'm going to check that out :) Don't know why I hadn't thought of that :p

Any other ideas for very small stands?

thanx

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Well, one other, but it's more of a 'hang' than a stand. Hang the speaker from above. Or else, get a wall-mount kit for an 'invisible' means of support. Allows for up or down pivoting if necessary, too.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Another idea if you dare.

I had a fellow installer tell me he removed the drivers from a center spk and screw it right into the wall studs. I dont know if your speaker will span two studs, problably not so you may need some dry wall anchors on one side if your at least lucky enough to hit a stud on one side.

Just another thought and a good one if its a perminant installation.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't hang from above because that means hanging way up above the screen and here isn't any room. Can't put the drivers into wall studs (wall is tiny with concrete behind). I'm going to try some sort of wall mount :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Also keep in mind, that in an ideal setup, your front 3 channels will be equi-distant from you. That means your center channel SHOULD be recessed from the L/R speakers (i.e, they SHOULD NOT be in a straight line). However, you don't want ANY of your speakers right up against a wall, if you can help it, but real world constraints can be unkind.

So don't worry about moving the L and R back to match the center, is really my point. If you muct have ANY speakers close to the wall, it would be better to place the center there and keep the L/R out towards a bit, placing all 3 on an arc to keep the same distance from the sweet spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.