Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greatings Learned Forum:

I have been pressed into service to help a friend put together a home theater. He has older Mirage speakers. Unfortunately, he has no center speaker. My belief is that the most crucial match will need to be with the left and right speakers, so as to make the front soundstage as seemless as possible. The left and right speakers he owns are GIGANTIC. They are Mirage M-3s (I assume they are 2nd cousins to the M-1 tank). All of the other surround speakers are Mirage as well, and of the same vintage.

So what is your collective wisdom? I think trying to find the perfect original Mirage match used would be a huge pain, but would undertake it if it were the most viable option. I would perfer something new that would be a good sonic match. I have never fooled around with Mirages. The ones currently in production seem to all be omni. HELP.

As always, your opinions and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Nicholas B

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have you checked E-Bay and other auction sites? I've had really good luck there finding the older FRX line to complete my setup-and at a great price. Do a Google search as well and you might find some other retailers...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much. And especially John. The omni center is well within the budget, and one is now on order. Thanks again.

Nick

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas B
Thank you all so much. And especially John. The omni center is well within the budget, and one is now on order. Thanks again.

Nick
Bought one for my son's HT also. I think your friend will be pleased :)

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.