AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of PSB Image B25s and I'm looking to find a complementary center channel speaker. The easy answer is the PSB Image C40, but they're 3" too wide for my tv stand. I have a BDI Revo stand which only has 20" horizontal clearance for the center channel speaker, and the C40s are 23" wide.

I could step down to an Alpha C1 (17"W), but I was wondering if anyone had a better recommendation?

I know there are a few good centers in this price range, but I need something that will match my LRs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If it were me, I would ditch the stand and get another one...You really should have properly matched front speakers. Why downgrade??? Sell the stand and get one that better accommodates your speakers and equipment...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
If you have the vertical space for a B25 as center speaker, you would have found the best match possible.

If you didn't, I would get a better speaker than the Alpha, but that's me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jostenmeat: That's a good idea, I'll try that when I get home. Don't know of any dealers (Toronto) that sell single B25s though.

I understand that timber matching is important. But was hoping someone could suggest another speaker that comes close?

Perhaps Klipsch or Monitor Audio or KEF?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts