AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just got my Polk Monitor 70 speakers and C10 Center speaker along with my Pioneer vsx-1020-k Receiver.

I hooked everything up and ran the setup with the mic in the center of the room etc. I plug in my ipod and all the speakers work just great
I try to play a movie through my xbox360 and only the front right and left speaker work. So I figure maybe its not compatible. So I go get my DVD player and hook it all up and still only the front and right speakers are playing. How do I get the center speaker to play. I've tried changing it from Stereo to one of the other options and still nothing.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFitch10 /forum/post/19622442

i tried the DVD directly into the receiver and ...

DVD is connected to receiver with what? RCA (red & white), digital optical, coaxial or HDMI?

Quote:
the xbox is through the tv and the tv is hooked up to video 1/HDMI
, how is the tv connected to receiver? Again RCA cables, digital optical, coaxial or HDMI?

The bold sentence doesn't make any sense. Sorry but how can you get audio connecting from tv to receiver INPUT HDMI IN-1.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFitch10 /forum/post/19625055

RCA Cables for both sorry.

The HDMI is in a separate input

This is the reason why, RCA (red & white) is only 2 Channel.

Connect the Xbox 360 and DVD player to receiver via HDMI and then out to tv via HDMI. Or connect Xbox 360 audio and DVD player audio directly to receiver via digital optical or digital coaxial.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts