AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi, I need some advice I'm looking to purchase a center channel for my system. I'm looking at the Klipsch RC 62II or RC 64II, but I'm open to any suggestions.

This is what my system consist off......

My power comes from B&K Reference 200.7 amp hooked up to a Anthem MRX 500 reciever.

My speakers are Monitor Audio Silver RX 8's two in the front and two on the back and 2 Boston Acoustic ceiling speakers,

my sub is a Velodyne SPL Series II 12, right now I'm using a Monitor Audio Silver RX 1 as a center speaker.

Thank you, 

Rick Toste

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Buy another Monitor Audio Silver RX 8, or the matching Monitor Audio RX series center. It's best to match speakers especially the fronts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The reason I'm looking at another brand is because a friend of mine owns a Klipsch RC-62 and offered it to me for $300. I'm also thinking of adding a second sub and here are my options. Try to find another Velodyne SPL 12 Series II to mirror mine, buy 2 new subs and sell mine or just buy a different brand sub and have to different. I like JL Fathom, SVS PB12-Plus. What do you guys think?

Thx! 

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
You should really match up your front three speakers. That Klipsch is going to sound waaaayyyyy different than those Monitors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rick,

I had the the RC-62 and I didn't like it. I sold it and bought the RC-64 and it was in a totally different class. I have recently added the RS-62 surrounds. For the mains I'm also using different brand speakers. My fronts are Carvers Amazing Loudspeakers Silver Edition. I drive the Center and surrounds with an Onkyo Tx-nr807. I have 2 Hafler XL-280 amps bridged mono feeding the Carvers.

It sounds fantastic, the audissy XL software helps match eveything very well.

Buy the Rc-64 it's great, voices sound natural and the dynamics are huge. The 62 was to shril for me. I'm also using a Velodyne DD-10 and an Earth Quake Minime for subs.

Good luck

Regards

Pete C

·
Registered
105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom  /t/1520278/center-speaker#post_24421373

Buy another Monitor Audio Silver RX 8, or the matching Monitor Audio RX series center. It's best to match speakers especially the fronts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon13  /t/1520278/center-speaker#post_24421417

I'm curious why you are not considering the Monitor Audio RX Center. Seems to me that would be the logical match for what you already have.

+1 to the above comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricmedic  /t/1520278/center-speaker#post_24422071

The reason I'm looking at another brand is because a friend of mine owns a Klipsch RC-62 and offered it to me for $300. I'm also thinking of adding a second sub and here are my options. Try to find another Velodyne SPL 12 Series II to mirror mine, buy 2 new subs and sell mine or just buy a different brand sub and have to different. I like JL Fathom, SVS PB12-Plus. What do you guys think?

Thx! 

Ric, you'd be better off with matching more closely to what you already have, with the best outcome being another RX8/RX series matching center. Although Klipsch make some awesome speakers (i may be biased here since i use them myself and RC62 is a great speaker in my opinion), it will sound completely different. I do not believe it will balance well, especially timbre, with your existing fronts. Also don't forget the fact that Klipsch uses horns for tweeters as I'm sure you're quite aware. Even though you might be getting a good deal on a center, in the end you'd be doing urself a disservice.

You have an awesome setup going, I'd suggest completeing it in the proper manner.

As for the sub, 2 is always better than 1. If you can find another SPL12 go for it. If not, you most likely will get best performance with buying 2 identical subs and selling the SPL12 you have. SVS gives a discount for going duals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thank you all for all the great advice!! I think that's exactly what I'm going to do just get the matching Monitor Audio Silver centre.

As far as the sub goes I'll just wait until another Velodyne comes around, my one sounds good enough that I'm not in such a hurry.

If anyone knows someone with a Monitor Audio Silver centre or a Velodyne SPL 12 CH Series II, please tell them to contact me at [email protected]

Thx again,

Rick Toste  

1 - 9 of 9 Posts