AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Center Stage 1 yesterday. It does have firmware 1.17, which on my Panasonic 50" plasma, makes all source shifted about 1/3 to the left.


The good news is that the picutre quality seems outstanding. Unfortunately, the shifted image is very frustrating and annoying. It can't be adjusted wither with the panny controls or the CS1 controls.


In additiion, there is at this time nither a downloadable CSR software program which should allow the creation of custoizable Native Resolutions since the unit comes from the factory without support for 1366x768.


There is also no update, as yet, for the firmware 1.17 to fix the bug(s) which are currently present.


It would certainly have been a more pleasant user expertience to have that software on their website at least at the time they begain shipping yesterday morning.


The jury is still out, but the picutre qulaity scaled up to 1080i or p from interlaced sources seems very fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
Shaun said the firmware would be posted on the web site

"this weekend", so hopefully you'll be able to get it very shortly.

Have you looked at non film sources yet?

I'm curious to hear opinions about the deinterlacing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
Thanks for the preliminary report, Stephen.


To give some perspective to prospective buyers like myself, do you have experience with any other scalers?


Bob


PS -- Looks like the software update still isn't posted...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenb
...The jury is still out, but the picutre qulaity scaled up to 1080i or p from interlaced sources seems very fine.
Stephen,


What is the native resolution of your plasma? Why are you scaling to 1080i or P??? Why not the res of your plasma panel???


I also would like to hear what other scalers you have tried and how this compares. It seems like a very interesting unit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by TEW
Shaun said the firmware would be posted on the web site

"this weekend", so hopefully you'll be able to get it very shortly.

Have you looked at non film sources yet?

I'm curious to hear opinions about the deinterlacing.
I have looked at both film and non-film. Both have different de-intelacing adjustmens and both seem very good to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by boblinds
Thanks for the preliminary report, Stephen.


To give some perspective to prospective buyers like myself, do you have experience with any other scalers?


Bob


PS -- Looks like the software update still isn't posted...
No, this is my first scaler.


The update is still nowhere to be found at 5:12pm on Sunday. I guess Focus' idea of "over the weekend" iws different than everyone elses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
Can you set the amount of overscan? (To 0%?)


Thanks,

Alex
Not that I can tell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by DHarp193



Stephen,


What is the native resolution of your plasma? Why are you scaling to 1080i or P??? Why not the res of your plasma panel???


I also would like to hear what other scalers you have tried and how this compares. It seems like a very interesting unit.
My Native resolution is 1366x768. I am using 1080i and 1080p since they were one of the few resultions available from the factory. If I ever get the CS customization application, I should be able to create a resolution that matches my native rate.


Until then, I used the one which seemed best to me.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top