AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the Infinity Beta 20 bookshelfs as fronts along with the Infinity TSS-1100 (satellites) for surround/center. The center has always been an issue for me, but not huge (I care more about stereo music quality than HT)... I'm looking to replace my center now, but don't know what to get as the Betas are discontinued and I'd prefer not to order used online. Any recommendations?

Also, my sub blew out so I've been needing to replace that. I was in BestBuy and picked up an Energy ESW-C8 on a whim. I have more listening to do, but think I want to take this back and exchange for at least a 10". I like the Energy sub, though -- how bout the ESW-C10? Other recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
There are some Beta20s on Amazon, that you could use one for the center (I know you would rather not buy used) but that is an option.

There is also a Beta C250 center on Amazon...I like that design better than the PC251, as the tweeter is above the woofer centerline.

Or you could buy an Infinity center from the Primus Series; either the PC251, or PC351. I would prefer the PC351, but it might be a bit too powerful for the Beta20s. But then again, that is what the AVR's speaker menu is for, so you can level match.

The driver technology of the two series is basically the same, so you should get a good timbre match.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts