AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HTPC using the AMD HD4250 hooked to my Samsung HLS5687 via HDMI. The picture is not centered, and one side is slightly cutoff. On previous rigs I used Nvidia cards which had a feature where you could move the picture around, and even rotate it a bit. Does AMD not support this? Anything I can do?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I was reading on another thread TODAY where the user had to get the HDMI (DVI) input on the TV as well as edit the name of the input to PC to get the computer to show up correctly on his Samsung TV...

Oh, and in reading the owner's manual there are TV settings for centering... not sure whether they work with a computer input of not... read up, try it and report back!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That thread might be the answer, only thing that concerns me is his Samsung says to use HDMI/DVI for a PC, while mine says to use D-sub, and specifically NOT the HDMI/DVI.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that didn't work. I can name the HDMI as PC, but in Settings teh PC option (where I can change position and overscan) is still greyed out.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at the Sammy owners' thread, there is nothing I can do other than try the VGA input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts