AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My manual says to plug the unit in, turn on from the rear, and the software version will show up on the LED

All I get is a hyphen like this: -

So how do you know what version it is?

Also, please don't laugh, but how do I unzip the software once I download it from the website?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
If your CS is already setup with your system then just go to menu via the remote control and select miscellaneous and it will tell you.

To unzip the CS software you need a program called winzip its shareware and you can download it here: http://www.winzip.com/

NOTE: If you upgrade the bios software, when it copies new bios it might take few tries before it loads all the way. When I did it, it erased the old bios just fine but would stop copying new bios at varying times. Just keep doing it, it took me about 8 trys before it loaded the full new bios.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you refer to upgrading the "bios" software, is this another way of saying you are upgrading the firmware version?

And what is 1.18 the current version?

·
Registered
195 Posts
If it starts up with just a dash then you have version 1.17 (at least that's what I had) . Version 1.18 replaces the "-" with "standby". Supposedly 1.19 is coming out soon.

I had no trouble at all updating and doing a global save from my desktop PC but my laptop has intermittent trouble communicating and will not do a global save at all.

Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.