AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Centerstage is en route and I've managed to sell my Quadscan Pro. Now what do I do??!!!

I would like to get my CS-1 running on my ecp 4500 as soon as it gets here and then tweak for the next few months (or years).

I have no experience with dealing with things like back porches etc (although I do understand them in theory) but I am interested in working on a few custom resolutions. Hopefully this thead can stimulate some discussion on custom resolutions.

The first one I need is something that will be an exact duplicate of the Quad pro triple resolution so I can plug and play without reconverging my proj. I'll work up from there. Now I know that the res was 720 x 720 but porches, sync width, etc. I have no idea. Does anyone?

andrew

·
Registered
842 Posts
I would start by downloading Powerstrip at www.entechtaiwan.com and loading it on your PC to use as a reference for custom timings. Then go into custom resolutions and you'll find gobs of custom resoltuions already defined for you. Just click on them and all of the timings are shown to the right. Write down the timings you want and try it in CSR to see if it works.

Also, if you search the HTPC forum for custom timings this was a very hot topic two years ago when the HTPC crowd were pioneering the use of custom timings out of necessity. You should still find a ton of things up there - in fact I think both Mark Rejhon and Mark Foster had very useful threads back then - hopefully they haven't been deleted.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tom.

I will take a look at Powerstrip. I have read a number of the threads in the HTPC forum. Would the CS-1 react the same way as a video card to the timing settings?

Andrew

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Tom,

The Powerstrip idea is great, lot of predefiend resolutions with porch's, pix clock, sync width settings and stuff. Thats going to be a great help.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.