AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will start shipping all pending orders starting Friday morning 5/31 !


I appreciate the patience of those that have been anxiously waiting for this day. I hope that you will enjoy the performance and value that the CS-1 has to offer. I will be setting up a date soon with Steve to be a special guest on the forum for a week to answer questions. For those of you that have already pre-ordered a CS-1 from AV Science, I look forward to all of your feedback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,007 Posts
Shaun...It's my birthday on the 1st June...any chance of a present.....


Gordon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by clopez
Shaun,

Please send overnight .. delivery on Saturday
Unfortunately since we have many CS-1's to ship over the next few days we will not be able to accept special shipping requests at this time. If you have already requested overnight dropship then you should get product by Monday. If you did not request overnight shipment with your order then it will be shipped via best way. If you placed your order through AV Science Power buy you should check with Jason Turk regarding order status. All distributor and AV Science orders will ship today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by oferlaor
hey Shaun,


what about contests (read: a chance to get one of these units for free...)?


I seem to remember you holding one, who won?
This is a great question. We will be drawing the winner during the week of Infocomm which is the week of June 9th. We will post the winner on our website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
How come you guys didn't introduce it in HE2002? People could get their hands on it and see it perform all its features.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
429 Posts
Ditto on the PDF problem.


Also, to repeat my question from another thread, can you set the amount of overscan on the CS-1 to 0% (thereby showing the entire NTSC picture)?


Alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Alex,


It looks like the software is out there 2. I think I saw something about over scan in it. The software is the zip file and also looks like the new firmware is out there too.


Keith
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kcarlasc
It looks like the software is out there 2. I think I saw something about over scan in it. The software is the zip file and also looks like the new firmware is out there too.
Yeah, I got the software, but didn't see anything about overscan. It does have output position and size, and input position. Output size may or may not have something to do with the overscan. If it does, it's unclear how it would work when you're sizing a 4:3 image in a 16:9 frame. (What happens to the overscan on the left and right?) Having input size would make me a little more confident.


Stupid powerbuy deadline...


Alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmmm, I am experiencing some difficulty with this file and currently don't know what the problem is. We are working on uploading a new file. Some people can open it and some people can't. Make sure that you have version 5.0 of Acrobat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander



Yeah, I got the software, but didn't see anything about overscan. It does have output position and size, and input position. Output size may or may not have something to do with the overscan. If it does, it's unclear how it would work when you're sizing a 4:3 image in a 16:9 frame. (What happens to the overscan on the left and right?) Having input size would make me a little more confident.


Stupid powerbuy deadline...


Alex
You can do this with the sizing. The Output and input Sizing are combined so output sizing will adjust to it's limit then the input will continue beyond the output. So you can oversize this way. I also played around with the custom resolution feature and created my own resolution for my LCD XGA projector and it worked out great.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,098 Posts
I'm not sure I understand.


Does everyone get this customization program?


Can you set it up to output any resolution/rates/overscan?


Shaun, can you please provide us with more information regarding the PC software to control/configure the CS-1?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by oferlaor
I'm not sure I understand.


Does everyone get this customization program?


Can you set it up to output any resolution/rates/overscan?


Shaun, can you please provide us with more information regarding the PC software to control/configure the CS-1?
You can go download it at the think Shaun posted above. Of course, you can't do much with it without a CS-1. So get the PDF manual at the same link. It has screenshots, and the resolution settings look as flexible as PowerStrip.


Alex
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,098 Posts
He Alexander,


Forgive my lazyness - can you give me a rough overview of what the software can and cannot do?


Input/output resolutions + adjustments (for overscan control)?


what about aspect ratio control?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
re the CS-1 manual. I could not view it if I opened it from the FTP site directly. If you download it and then open it, it worked fine.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top