Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wanted to update all of those interested in CS-1 and CS-2

1.) Our first customer ship (FCS) is currently scheduled for a release on May 28th, all orders for our US distributors will be shipped.

2.) There have been many questions surrounding DVI/HDCP. The good news is that many of you have asked if you can output analog from a DVI source. The answer is YES if you do not have an HDCP version. This means that you will only be able to do this if you have a CS-1 without the HDCP upgrade.

3.) Many of you asked, Do you have to send the unit in for an HDCP upgrade or can this be upgraded via software down load?

Initially you will have to send in the unit for Focus to upgrade to an HDCP unit. Eventually we will have the ability to upgrade units via software download, this will probably happen by this fall sometime.

4.) HDCP upgrade cost should be around $300 and should be available when the CS-2 starts shipping. Which leads me to the answer to the next question

5.) When will CS-2 start shipping? Estimated to be sometime in July/August

·
Premium Member
24,830 Posts
Shaun,

"2.) There have been many questions surrounding DVI/HDCP. The good news is that many of you have asked if you can output analog from a DVI source. The answer is YES if you do not have an HDCP version. This means that you will only be

able to do this if you have a CS-1 without the HDCP upgrade."

I thought only the CS-2 had DVI, or does the upgrade make a CS-1 into a CS-2?

Thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by noah katz
Shaun,

"2.) There have been many questions surrounding DVI/HDCP. The good news is that many of you have asked if you can output analog from a DVI source. The answer is YES if you do not have an HDCP version. This means that you will only be

able to do this if you have a CS-1 without the HDCP upgrade."

I thought only the CS-2 had DVI, or does the upgrade make a CS-1 into a CS-2?

Thanks
Both the CS-1 and CS-2 have DVI the CS-1 does not come standard with HDCP the CS-2 does.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Any updates or reviews on the picture quality,

a) Were we ever able to get the progressive input to accept 720p.

b) Also how did the tests with 1080P go.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by clopez

Thanks
Ditto

·
Registered
72 Posts
Kane,

I had a message from Shaun saying that the UK will be roughly two weeks behind the US.

Also their main distributor in the UK will be Owl.

I may call them to see what inflated price they are offering compared to our US counter-parts :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure what the international pricing will be?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Kane,

(69 - yingyang and all that, also my birth day and month and year 6/9/69)

I spoke with Owl today who confirmed somewhere around the middle of June with an estimated retail price of £1900 including VAT.

I think I'll probably go with AVScience, save some money and receive it two/three weeks earlier.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Shaun, can you clarify something on the DVI/HDCP issue.

If someone has HDCP capability, are you saying that the CS will no longer output component video (under no circumstances?) OR when the CS receives a signal that is HDCP encrypted it will not output a component video signal for that data?

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by clopez

Thanks
Shaun,

Yo are generally very responsive, but I did not see any answer to these two questios? Has there been any new development in testing on this front?

Thanks. Stephenb

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Shaun,

Please don't let the terrorists have any chance to plant explosives in the AV products. I am serious. Take care everybody!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenb

Shaun,

Yo are generally very responsive, but I did not see any answer to these two questios? Has there been any new development in testing on this front?

Thanks. Stephenb

Well I do have a job you know. Monitoring this forum is more of a hobby. In any case I have not personally tested 1080p but it has been tested. As far as 720p we have decided not to move forward with supporting an input of 720p on the progressive input. This may be something that we can support in the future on the DVI input instead.:)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by SChong
Shaun,

How about CS-1 availability date in Asia? Malaysia in particular? Would you know or control to certain extend the price here or I'm stuck with whatever price the dealer here slams to me ? :(

Schong
I only Manage North America. I am not sure about availability Internationally. I can only give you my educated guess. Which is that the CS-1 should be available worldwide within the next 3-4 weeks depending on the shipment method that the distributor requests. I believe that this is our distributor in Malaysia for the CenterStage (below). You can also email our Sales manager that handles the Asia territory, her name is Julie Zhang [email protected] . You can tell her that you got her info from me.

T.T. Low

TCI Marketing Sdn Bhd

25 Jalan U1/35 Hicom-Glenmarie Ind Pk

40150 Shah Alam

Selangor,

Malaysia

+60-3-703-4088

+60-3-703-3684
[email protected]
www.tci-marketing.com

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Proust
Hi Shaun,

Please don't let the terrorists have any chance to plant explosives in the AV products. I am serious. Take care everybody!
I am not sure how to comment on this post other than the only thing explosive about this product will be the picture quality!!:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by oferlaor
Proust,

Don't just drop the bomb on us like that, have you seen actual terrorists planting explosives inside any A/V product? :D

Hi oferlaor

Some AV products have the detonating devices indeed! Whenever I bought things, my wife exploded with rage. There is no doubt that the CS-1 will cause another explosion at my home.:p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.