AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help here, I am trying to decide on the best OTA antenna, I live in DeBary, FL (near DeLand).

Please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Andy Harris

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm a little south of Lake Wales (Babson Park). Pretty much in the center of the state. According to the various maps and coordinates I'm approximately 46 miles from the Tampa stations and 56 miles from the Orlando stations. It helps that I'm at the top of what passes for a hill here in Florida.

At present I'm using a pair of ChannelMaster CM4248's (UHF) and a pair of Winegard YA1713 (VHF-HI) with one of each pointing at the respective towers. The antennas are mounted to a 19' mast mounted on my roof. To the top of the mast is around 38'. I am not using a pre-amp of any kind. The signals are combined and run straight to my Toshiba DST3000.

Of the 11 digital stations broadcasting from Tampa and Orlando I get 9. Eight of those show 100 signal strength most of the time, the other one rarely dips below 90 but usually stays at 93. The 2 that I can't receive have me pondering a number of solutions. The proplem channels are ch. 10 (WTSP - CBS Tampa) and ch. 35 (WOFL - FOX Orlando). I've determined that the problem is that WTSP broadcasts a digital on channel 24 but an Orlando PBS channel broadcasts an analog signal on 24. The same situation exists on WOFL only it's a Tampa (Lakeland actually) channel 22 that's killing the signal.

I'd like to find either pre-built (for not a lot of $$$) or in kit form, or even schematics, a means to filter out a specific channel from a specific antenna. If I could kill channel 24 (analog) from the Orlando stack and channel 22 from the Tampa stack I could get all 11 digitals currentyl available.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I wonder if you could use a pair of Blonder Tongue notch filters from stark.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know quite a few folks bash the Terk products, but the antennaweb.org chart on terks site reccommended the TV35.

I bought one at Sound Advice yesterday, put it in my atticc last night, and voila', everything is perfect.

I reccommend this terk antenna to anyone!

Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I'm VERY new to HDTV and to this site but love them both! I also need help with an OTA antenna. I live just west of MIA near the new Dolphin mall. My setup is a Mits WS65819 and Hughes E-86 STB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.