AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RCA unit says next upgrade... Tue, Apr 29, 2003 2:20 AM.

(Does Happy Dance)

Central Time Zone - Sherman, TX - 1 hour north of Dallas.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll be doing the happy dance a little further north up I-35. I also found that the upgrade is scheduled for 2:20 AM. I'm in the Twin Cities. I can't wait!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine says that same thing.. and that means only a few hours from now, right? I'm very excited!!

Direct TV swears this is going to fix my "local channel" problem... I haven't been able to get them on the UTV, but a DirecTivo sitting on the same shelf picks them up great...

Good luck everyone.. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Southern Illinois received 3.7 at 2:20am this morning. The upgrade chart by region as posted in another thread was correct. Good info there.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Irving, TX - got it last night.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Got it on 2 of my 3 UTV's last night (Dallas/Ft. Worth TX). I don't know why the one UTV missed it. I had purposely stopped recording the Stars-Ducks playoff game when it ended so it wouldn't interfere with the upgrade. I noticed that I did pick up a ESPN replay of the game during the night, but I thought that was sometime around 3am. The two that upgraded have 0006 cards and the one that didn't has an 0008 card. Don't know if that is a factor or just a coincidence. Anyway ... hoping I don't have to wait too long for another "blast". (The upgrade screen on all 3 indicated an upgrade coming at 2:20 AM. Now the one that didn't upgrade says, "None scheduled". :( ).

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hi,

Wonder if DTV set up your other receiver as an East Coast UTV... Unlikely I'm sure... Hopefully you'll get it Wednesday morning...

All my UTVs updated and I have a mix of P4s

Later,

David T.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasJames
Got it on 2 of my 3 UTV's last night (Dallas/Ft. Worth TX) .... ... hoping I don't have to wait too long for another "blast". (The upgrade screen on all 3 indicated an upgrade coming at 2:20 AM. Now the one that didn't upgrade says, "None scheduled". :( ).
Based on other posts the "missing upgrade" probably wasn't due to the different cards. I suspect it was the middle-of-the-night replay I wasn't expecting. Now the unit says next upgrade for 2:20am on Wed. Keeping my fingers crossed. :cool: (I just want them all to be the same -- less for me to forget). -TJ

·
Registered
131 Posts
FYI, if you have something scheduled to record around the upgrade time you will not get the upgrade. Or if it starts to upgrade then a show starts to record it will automatically stop the upgrade and you will have to wait for the next "blast" to come down for a reschedule, which will be for the same time the next day.

This is all fine and all unless you record at that time slot daily. So if you didn't get it on one of your receivers make sure nothing is trying to record around the time it is scheduling the upgrade.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasJames
Based on other posts the "missing upgrade" probably wasn't due to the different cards. I suspect it was the middle-of-the-night replay I wasn't expecting. Now the unit says next upgrade for 2:20am on Wed. Keeping my fingers crossed. :cool: (I just want them all to be the same -- less for me to forget). -TJ
Got it at 2:28am on Wed! (And no, I didn't stay up to check I just read that off the Upgrades screen ;) ). All 3 UTV's now at 3.7. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.