AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3802 with B&W LCR6S2 for the centre. I've been noticing distortion at certain peaks of dialogue, in particular when someone is yelling. I spoke to someone from the store and he said the channel's set too high. I've lowered the channel vol. and still the same thing. All my speakers have been set with a sound meter so it shouldn't be volume. Any ideas what to do? Is it possible the speakers damaged?

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
It may be your speaker is damaged. Try another in its place and if the distortion is still there, then it's somewhere else in the system.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I recently had the same problem with my center speaker.

I found it by putting my ear real close to the speaker and then replaying the same few seconds of the scene that caused the distortion until I was able to pinpoint the exact location it was coming from. My plan had been to figure out if it was the tweeter or mid-bass that was broken, I was very relieved when it turned out to be the plastic casing on a box sitting next to the speaker.

It turned out that the speaker was setting up a sympthatic vibration with the plastic box. I moved the box to another room and the distortion went away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.