AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Excuse my ignorance but I have purchased by FIRST video processor, the FE CentreStage CS-1.

My question is how can I hook this up to my CRT projector.

What I think I understand is that I will need either a VGA break-out box to connect to cables then to projector or a straight VGA to projector route.

I think my preference would be the breakout box and then connect cables from the breakout box to the projector.

What I don't really know are two things:

1. Where to get a descent VGA to 3/5 BNC or RCA breakout box

2. Do I need to connect 3 cables (RGB) or 5 cables (RGBHV) to the projector from the CS-1

All help and comment welcomed.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Ray Moore

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
1. Check out Bettercables.com or pccables.com

2. You'll need to use 5 wires for the RGBHV connection. Since you didn't say what CRT you have, I'll guess it uses the most popular method (RGBHV)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aplogies, more information coming...

My projector is a Sony1292 that accepts both RGB (sync on Green) and RGBHV, possibly even RBGS but I have not checked.

Unfortunately the BetterCables web site clearly states "no international shipping" :(

BOOOOO!

So is it best to go with the breakout box route or a straight VGA to Projector cable.

Again, thanks for all the help and information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What connectors are on the back of the CS1?

If it same as the QS, you just need a VGA Breakout cable. Maplins have theses, but better to get a decent one made to length. I've got a spare one just to get you going.

Where in Kent are you?

Am looking to buy one of these so a Demo would go down nice. Can bring the cable to you, or you can pop the CS1 over to me and spin it up on my Barco.

Horray another AV nut in Kent !!!!!!

Rgds

Nathan

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
AVCable shipped to me without a problem. Actually, there was a hitch, they shipped it regular mail (I guess they thought it was as reliable as the regular mail in the US), which took over 5 weeks to arrive.

Since I needed the cable quicker, I called after a week & they actually fedexed me a second cable (which arrived in time). I returned the second cable, of course (although they said I could keep it if I wanted!).

Top notch service!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nfordenfield,

On the back of the CS-1 are VGA and DVI.

DVI no good to me so will organise the purchase of a pre-assembled VGA HD-15 to 5 x BNC cable.

Initially I was looking at a custom made Canare cable using their quality V5-5CFB cable but couldn't find a VGA connector big enough to take the cable.

Also I think that the V5-5CFB is solid core and non too flexible.

Thanks very much for your kind offer of lending me the breakout box, but hopefully my cable will be with me sometime next week.

I am just outside of Ashford, Kent.

Maybe when I get the CS-1 and hook it up we can organise a demo.

I'll probably need some help as this is my first processor to add to this I have only had my Sony 1292 for three months and it's only been on the ceiling and working for the past two weeks.

I must admit it's been fun learning everything.

HONEST!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
RAM69

No probs, don't know my way around a SONY, but have had Barco's for 4 years now, which should help.

Only in Maidstone myself, so 10 mins on the M20 and i'm there.

Let me know when and where.

Know just need to find someone with a JVC DVHS on order and i'll died and gone to heaven.

Regards

Nathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.