AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought them really cheap (under $200) and they sound absolutely superb.

One problem was the sub would not work unless you really pumped up the volume. I removed the subwoofer amp and adjusted the jumper in the amp from "auto" to "on" and the sub is really great now.

Does anyone have a similar experience with these speakers?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by machani
I removed the subwoofer amp and adjusted the jumper in the amp from "auto" to "on" and the sub is really great now.

Does anyone have a similar experience with these speakers?
did you remove the amp from the cabinet?

recommend test with u-571 using dts for the sub

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by cpu8088
did you remove the amp from the cabinet?

recommend test with u-571 using dts for the sub
Sorry, to make myself more clear: I detached the amp from the powered sub, changed the jumper setting on the amp's circuit board from AUTO to ON, then reattached the amp to the sub. Now the sub works even at low bass volumes.

Thanks for the suggestion of U-571. That sould like an ideal sub tester. Guess "Das Boot" should also work?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
the u571 dts was done superbly the depth charges get down to easily under 30hz. das boot superbit may be ok but not in same category

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interestingly, I found the Cerwin Vega AVS-5.1 and the U-571 mentioned here in the same article about the CES 2004.

The Cerwin Vegas are pictured in the second picture from the bottom of the page. The U-571 depth charge sequence was used to validate the sound of the Klegg speaker system not the Cerwin Vega's, though.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
needs good reference software to really test out hardware

there should be some tracks that you are familiar with otherwise how to form an opinion about hardware?

for center speaker gladiator chapter 5 is good

for sub bass should be u-571 dts not dd

for surround sound stage dynamics star wars I chapter 20-21

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.