AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Im new and hope im not asking this in the wrong place.I have a thousand to spend total for speakers and I need to know which to choose?The vegas are big with a 15 in them and the klipsch have 2 8 inch.What would be my best choice?All opinions are very wlelcome.Thanks""

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoluvr1  /t/1497422/cerwin-vega-xls15-or-klipsch-rf82ii#post_23897204

Im new and hope im not asking this in the wrong place.I have a thousand to spend total for speakers and I need to know which to choose?The vegas are big with a 15 in them and the klipsch have 2 8 inch.What would be my best choice?All opinions are very wlelcome.Thanks""
I run 82iis for home theater, and cerwin vega v10f in my room for 2 channel. Have not heard xls215 but they look like they will be awesome. You should listen to both if you can because they will sound different.Go klipsch if its for theater. Sounds great with music also

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the reply.The cerwin vega tend to need a lot of power to drive them well and some have said the highs and mids just aren't there.I have a buddy with the klipsch and they really sound good.His were the first ones not the second model.They were very loud and clean sounding.Im older and listen to classic rock.Cant stand that rap ****.I don't feel its music at all""They degrade women and im not a fan of that.I hope it dies like dicso did""I had a chance to get the 82 for 499 each from crutchfield but I was to late in buying them.The ywere some error ones with the wrong veneer color.I could kick myself for that dumbass move""Thanks for the help""""

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
Still 499 in cherry.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You stuck on cherry? They were just in stock at crutchfield last week.

I know for a fact that avs can smash that price though as I just bought 82's last week.

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
If you live in the continental us call avs. I forgot about that since I live in Hawaii and shipping kills any savings.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoluvr1  /t/1497422/cerwin-vega-xls15-or-klipsch-rf82ii#post_23897204

For a grand I would seek out a pair of older klf-30 or rf7 used on craigslist or similar.

I'd probably take the xls-215 over the rf82. I'm not the biggest fan of Klipsch's newer offerings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts