Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well

1 LED dlp?

2 laser and lcos?

3 4k sxrd?

4 no one will go there everyone has given up on the economy

about number four: We should realize that after rain comes sun. It has been like that for so long that we should be able to believe in better times. If we do not believe in the future things can get very bad and we do not want that do we?

·
Registered
469 Posts
i believe nr. 1 and 4 are most likely, although i have my doubts about nr. 1.

2 & 3, not a chance (for consumers, anyways)

My bet is that its gonna be boring and that incrimental upgrades of current tech might be all that we see. Most likely for the DLP products, since those lacked on cedia.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Everytime one of the CES threads comes up someone says that CES is no longer the place for projectors. I don't know if this is true or not but I thought I would be the first to say it.

·
Registered
970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlson /forum/post/15461171

Well

1 LED dlp?

2 laser and lcos?

3 4k sxrd?

about number four: We should realize that after rain comes sun. It has been like that for so long that we should be able to believe in better times. If we do not believe in the future things can get very bad and we do not want that do we?

I agree with number four Matthias. However, I'm keeping my umbrella handy just in case. I'm still expecting a shower or two.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlson /forum/post/15461171

Well

1 LED dlp?

2 laser and lcos?

3 4k sxrd?

tell the bankers and funds managers who for most screwed up

manage your money yourself is a good way . more today than ever.

as for pj i think DLP is due to retake some of the market, king of ANSI/POP of image.

·
Premium Member
25,516 Posts
"as for pj i think DLP is due to retake some of the market, king of ANSI/POP of image."

Why, have they gotten better?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz /forum/post/15467094

"as for pj i think DLP is due to retake some of the market, king of ANSI/POP of image."

Why, have they gotten better?

no the "others" are better at marketing...

dlp remains king of 3D/ANSI sharpness and preserved sharpness when fast camera moves.

DILA is king of on off for the black bars and ultra dark scenes.

remains the problm of bluriness on fast cam moves, colorimetry, uniformity

and ... ANSI !

DLP is not helped by marantz sharp optoma...

only SIM2 INFOCUS still do it and CHRISTIE PANASONIC RUNCO DPI for the big budgets.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
When is the last time anything came out of one of these shows to equal the pre-hype?

·
Home Theater Enthusiast
6,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital2004 /forum/post/15471705

DILA is king of on off for the black bars and ultra dark scenes.

This is only correct for ultra dark scenes.

black bars are darker on nice DLP's vs nice Dila (aka RS20 vs Marantz VP11S2)

This is Ansi contrast at play.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital2004 /forum/post/15471705

dlp remains king of 3D/ANSI sharpness and preserved sharpness when fast camera moves.

Yeah, right... like fast camera moves at 24p and 180 degree shutter speed?
If LCD can do 120 Hz refresh (which it can), I don't think there's much of an issue with blur for DLP fans to crow about anymore.

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
The issue is most of the 120Hz processing that eliminates blur, does so by using frame creation which, to some, is worse than blur.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts