AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.gamespot.com/news/6202853.html

The videogame talk seems to be over for now anyway. Nothing exciting was announced.

Quote:
MTV is now partnering to put its video content on PSN.

I hope that means MTV networks and not just the crap on MTV only.

Quote:
An update is coming to Life With PlayStation this spring.
Quote:
EA is crafting a new space for Home which will be revealed later.
Quote:
SCEA is now shifting its way it thinks about its hardware design to better serve customers.

That sounds ominous. I guess the PS4 will follow the Wii model.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker George /forum/post/15497227

That sounds ominous. I guess the PS4 will follow the Wii model.

I don't like that quote either. It gives the impression that Sony is thinking of producing a simplified console to go after casuals, and hope that translates into 'Wii-like sales'.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IeraseU /forum/post/15497399

I don't like that quote either. It gives the impression that Sony is thinking of producing a simplified console to go after casuals, and hope that translates into 'Wii-like sales'.

It may just mean they won't make the most expensive console next round. It may not mean quality or scope drops.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't think sony is talking about PS4 already out in the open, they're not ready yet, we're not ready yet. At least I know I don't want to know about PS4 yet. I think they're talking about slimming PS3 down

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain /forum/post/15497396

did this need a thread? they said nothing

Conference is still going on. There could be more announcements.

There is some sales talk and figures some people might be interested in. I won't post it here since it's against the rules.

The 3D stuff is pretty interesting even if it's not all directly related to the PS3.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Just ignore him - thanks for posting it up.

Here are details for EA Sports Complex for HOME:

Quote:
Sony and Electronic Arts have just announced a partnership to provide the EA SPORTS Complex within PS3's PlayStation Home community. In this exclusive game space, gamers will be able to play new EA SPORTS multiplayer games, view leaderboards and interact with other fans while watching trailers and content from EA SPORTS games.

"We're proud to support the PlayStation Home Beta with a very robust offering from EA SPORTS," said Peter Moore, president of EA SPORTS. "As part of our continued commitment to the connected experience and the digitization of our business, the EA SPORTS Complex is a rich new online environment that presents a compelling and immersive social gaming experience for the global sports audience."

EA also announced plans to introduce other EA brands to PlayStation Home in the future.
Trailer at the link shows off the concept. It actually looks interesting.

Also, the MTV deal is for multiple networks. My daughter is a Spongebob Squarepants fiend and they reveal that as one of the shows to be supported:

Quote:
The PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service will be getting a big boost from a new partner: MTV Networks. While MTV Networks includes the well-known "music" channel, it also includes VH1, Nickelodeon, COMEDY CENTRAL, Spike, Logo, CMT, The N, TV Land and Atom. Some shows to be added to the PlayStation Store include MTV's The City, COMEDY CENTRAL's South Park, Nickelodeon's SpongeBob SquarePants and VH1's Rock of Love Bus with Bret Michaels.

"We're thrilled to add content from MTV Networks to our line up, it's a perfect fit for the PlayStation demographic, one of the most coveted audiences in entertainment today," said Peter Dille, Senior Vice President of Marketing and PlayStation Network, SCEA. "Combined with the superior technology of the PS3 and PSP, the PlayStation Network's video delivery service truly provides consumers the best and most comprehensive content on demand from an incredible line up of entertainment brands to enjoy at home or on-the-go."

"From Nickelodeon to TV Land and everywhere in between, MTV Networks' brands feature some of the most popular shows and some of the hottest stars for almost every conceivable demo," said Greg Clayman, Executive Vice President, Digital Distribution and Business Development, MTV Networks. "By making our diverse content lineup available through the PlayStation Network, we're giving PlayStation users instant access to hundreds of hours of our very best programming in the comfort of their own living rooms."

·
Registered
806 Posts
hehe something about peter moore being on the floor of sony confererence is weird

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazylik /forum/post/15497973

hehe something about peter moore being on the floor of sony confererence is weird

I thought it was strange to see him at MS as opposed to Sega. lol

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
The EA place looks cool. From the video, I gleaned a little racing game, poker, and a golf course? Along with online leaderboards for all EA Sports games. Not bad!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martez /forum/post/15499436

the ea place looks cool. From the video, i gleaned a little racing game, poker, and a golf course? Along with online leaderboards for all ea sports games. Not bad!

Not bad at all!!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Seems like they didn't say much

I'll check out the EA HOME room though

·
Registered
5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco33 /forum/post/15499863

Seems like they didn't say much

Still three days of CES left. This isn't E3, where you just blow your load on a single press conference. There's so much amazing tech and software at this thing you have to keep a steady stream of info to keep attention over the course of the show.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts

Quote:

Not at all. I think the context of this statement has more to do with marketing than anything else. If you've seen the most recent commercials for the PS3 (movies for women, games for men), you've seen what they mean by "better serve customers."

It also means things like this:
http://kotaku.com/5126742/ces-09-son...-remote-at-ces

and this:
http://kotaku.com/5126537/sony-calls...ddling-add+ons

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15500649

Still three days of CES left. This isn't E3, where you just blow your load on a single press conference. There's so much amazing tech and software at this thing you have to keep a steady stream of info to keep attention over the course of the show.

True. And they aren't the only ones that I've been disappointed with so far. Biggest clusterf--- for me is Panasonic. I mean seriously... Bluray AND VHS combo?! really?!

·
Banned
13,980 Posts

Quote:

I hope not. I appreciate that Sony made the best console with state of the art graphics, supported by the best first party lign up of software. I'd hate to see that trend stop in the future and drop from being the best in gaming, graphics and audio just in hopes of gaining more sales.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
some ea branded stuff to buy for home is not something i would personally be excited about. i wonder if people will pay for this sort of thing.

i love how people in just about every other sports related thread here love to slam me for my love of ea sports games, saying the games are retreads, nfl 2kxx was so much better, they're the devil, they're evil, they're dumb, etc. (yeah i'm talking right at you joeblow)...Yet ea comes out with some branded board games and other stuff for home that you will undoubtedly pay for and you guys change your tune to "not bad at all!" and "I'm excited!!!" and "looks interesting". so nba live 09 and madden don't excite you, but ea sports poker does? it's hilarious.

far more interesting to me is how they seem to want to position the psp as a network remote control...

and i can't believe they arent announcing any new firmware updates for the ps3. do you all realize that it's very likely that your next television will be able to decode and play mkv files before the ps3 can? ridiculous

1 - 20 of 89 Posts