AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything new coming out of CES. ExtremeHD?, New Apple TV box?, anything new from Vudu? It seems pretty quiet out there.

·
Registered
485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Tywoniak /forum/post/15507157

Is there anything new coming out of CES. ExtremeHD?, New Apple TV box?, anything new from Vudu? It seems pretty quiet out there.

XStream HD showcased their system again.

Quote:
...taking center stage was the new Pro HD Media Receiver, which has 7.1 analog outputs that make us happy. We saw that the booth was actually hooked up to a satellite connection, but sadly we can't share photos of the data closet with you. Just so we don't finish on a low note, the company is planning to accept beta testers later this year for the service -- let's hope there's some programming to test that comes from somewhere outside your home's walls.

·
Registered
485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Tywoniak /forum/post/15508783

Was there any definitive dates for when the service will be available for Beta or First Customer Ship (FCS)

I have not heard anything about that.. but I sure would like to be a beta tester.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Tywoniak /forum/post/15508783

Was there any definitive dates for when the service will be available for Beta or First Customer Ship (FCS)

they have a press show tomorrow

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last year when they did their first announcement they were taughting 7.1 uncompressed audio and 1080P/24 - which is why I have not pulled the trigger on Vudu

·
Registered
485 Posts
Look into news thread. New SD cards and movie studios signing up for the medium is big news. They promise up to 2tb of storage capacity and capable of storing up to 100 HD movies on one SD card.

·
UHD Addict
39,178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozster /forum/post/15519260

Look into news thread. New SD cards and movie studios signing up for the medium is big news. They promise up to 2tb of storage capacity and capable of storing up to 100 HD movies on one SD card.

They won't be up to 2TB for a long time. Panasonic plans on introducing a 64GB SDXC card.

·
Registered
485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/15519578

They won't be up to 2TB for a long time. Panasonic plans on introducing a 64GB SDXC card.

Right, I meant in the future.. The technology has the capability to reach 2tb without any major changes but 64gb is the first run. Which IMO should be enough to start considering rewritability and advantages with SD cards over stamped discs. The real question is if the price will be through the roof or something that is acceptable. I can buy 1tb USB drive for $100-$120 so they'll probably have a while to go until they reach low price but it's definitely good news. I'm holding my 16gb SD card now and I'm fascinated how small this thing is. The possibility of 2tb fitting on this small things makes me tingle

·
UHD Addict
39,178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Tywoniak /forum/post/15525250

ananybody go to xstreamhd press conference - anything to report?

http://www.gearlog.com/2009/01/xstre...ces_noshow.php

Quote:
XStreamHD a CES No-Show

Categories: HDTV & Home Theater Systems

Tags: XStreamHD

A year ago, XStreamHD provided one of the highlights of the CES 2008 show in Las Vegas, trotting out an aging Michael Douglas to roll out its set-top box. The only thing the company lacked was customers.

Fast-forward to 2009, and XStreamHD was scheduled to hold a second press conference. The expectation? Someone would back the service. But alas, it was not to be. I asked Michael Muchmore to cover the press conference, and he called back, puzzled: the room was empty. Even the conference officials didn't know what happened.

Well, we don't know much more, but BetaNews reported that XStreamHD told them that the press conference was contingent "upon a certain event taking place, which did not". What happened? At best, a customer deal probably fell through at the last minute. At worst -- well, in a crowded set-top market, it's possible a venture capitalist decided XStreamHD was too risky a venture.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts