AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 2 more days to go and I'm ready to ROCK n ROLL at CES. Although my time is limited, I would like to know if there are anything you guys would like to FIND OUT if you cannot attend. I will try my best to get that answer for you the best I can what ever that something may be.

To those who are attending, you can also help out here by sharing the tasks to lighten up the load, so to speak. :)

Well there you have it... ask away! :D

____________________________________________________________ __

HIT LIST:

* HD-DVD and Blu Ray release dates

* Dolby TrueHD and DD+

* Arcam receivers and pre/pros

* Marantz pre/pro w/ HDMI 1.2 and Audessy

* Marantz SR7600 brew

* Samsung's ICE-power receiver

* Sony SXRD

* Cary non-tube pre/pros

* DVD Players

* DLP PJs ~$2K 720p

* Mirage OMD speakers

* Denon AVR-5805 successor

* NEXTGENS: Panny, HK, Onkyo etc

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Uh yeah all about HD-DVD and Blu Ray? How about some actually dates of when these babies are coming out? Also a big one for me is Dolby TrueHD and DD+. What do these things sound like? I'm sure there will be demos. Thanks J.H.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I am in search of a new receiver since I want to go multi channel again. My last receiver was from Marantz and I loved it, really, Marantz is the only thing I want info from so I can make my choice on if I want the Marantz or similar (I'm mainly wondering if there will be a SR7600 and if it will have HDMI in/outputs with upcoversion).

Thanks, and hope you have fun (I plan on going to CES 2007, too bad its a year away :) )

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey GoldenEarDrum -

Can you visit Denon and find out what the near-future holds for upgrades to the AVR-5805? Rumors around here are spreading about analog-to-digital/digital-to analog transcoding capabilities. If so, will this be a hardware upgrade? And if so, what will it cost current owners?

Much appreciated and have fun!

Andre'

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
don't all receivers already do digital-to-analog transcoding - at least on the regular stereo inputs? or are you talking about video, Andre?

GED, you know what I'd want to know (a new panasonic XR?? *LOL*)

BTW nuForce now has a integrated digital amp and I'd be particularly interested to know who else especially if they have a digital input to an integrated digital amp.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Yes please. See my thread below. I need a compact 5.1 amp, no more than 15.5" wide, 14" deep, 6" high. Doesn't have to have a ton of power, should support 5.1 and DTS, simpler is bettern in an RV. Thanks a million, sure wish I was going this year.

Dan

·
Registered
863 Posts
Aloha Golden,

A wish list here.

1. I second the new panny sa-xr70 replacement.

2. Latest and greatest 720P or better DLP PJ sub $2000 street!

3. I am also kind of curious if H&K is coming out with a successor to their digital receiver dpr-2005 (not sure if that is the right code exactly, but you know the one).

4. Oh, and if you get a chance to hear the new Mirage OMD speakers. I would love to know if they are worth the big bucks they are going to charge for 'em.

Thanks Golden.

If you like Thai food, I can PM you a great Thai place my wife and I have eaten at out there.

Have a great trip! Viva Las Vegas!

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you wouldn't mind can you find out what the Arcam people have up their sleeve? I've auditioned the AVP 700 and AVR 300 at some local dealers a couple of times and am getting close to making some decision. But someone mentioned they may be coming out with something new at the show. Figure I can wait a couple days to find out before I pull the trigger.

Oh and let me know if there is another new pre/pro in the $2k price range I should consider instead.

Big thanks GED. :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
Anything new at Arcam in regards to receivers and pre/pros...

I understand Marantz is going to unveil a new pre/pro that has everything inside including hdmi 1.2 and audessy room correction...

Any info on Sony SXRD sets to be released later in the year without the speakers on the sides.. ;)

All info on new flagship receivers and new pre/pros...

That is all...

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I've been to one CES show and i loved it. I just ordered a new PRE/PRO two days ago. I would wait a little while to see what pops up at the show but my wife might find something else to do with the money! I am interested in DVD Audio and SACD,the players themselves as well as new titles coming out. Also any info on DVD players with upconversion.

Have fun out in Vegas!!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I think most of the requests are reasonable and I don't see any problems getting to the bottom of it (yet) :)

FYI, some of my agenda are as follows:

* Visit ALL AVR's mfg (that I could) to find out what's new and cookin'.

* Vi$it the Audiophilia to find out what'$ new and cookin' and li$ten to $ome million dollar $OUND$. :D

* Check out ALL the new DIGIAMPS especially the Panny, Onkyo, HK, NuForce etc.

* For sure the hidef DVDs.

* And of course the Video section...

That's just some of it and I will post my findings accordingly.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H.
Uh yeah all about HD-DVD and Blu Ray? How about some actually dates of when these babies are coming out? Also a big one for me is Dolby TrueHD and DD+. What do these things sound like? I'm sure there will be demos. Thanks J.H.
Already on my list :). Although I have heard that Microsoft maybe scrapping HD-DVD and may go with BR instead hence why the XBox 360 did not come with it. But for now I consider that a rumor and I will sure verify it.

To those who are not into GAMING, the first to have this feature before else (ie HT standalone DVD players) will be gaming consoles. BluRay for the upcomming Sony PS3 and (supposedly) HD-DVD for the XBox 360.

I think BR is winning the battle but I will sure try to find some answers... Hmmm... Imagine Sony selling BR-DVD's all over again... Makes me feel that my sizeable DVD collection is "almost" obsolete. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold
don't all receivers already do digital-to-analog transcoding - at least on the regular stereo inputs? or are you talking about video, Andre?

GED, you know what I'd want to know (a new panasonic XR?? *LOL*)

BTW nuForce now has a integrated digital amp and I'd be particularly interested to know who else especially if they have a digital input to an integrated digital amp.

thanks in advance!
Got you covered SC. ;)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHouck
Yes please. See my thread below. I need a compact 5.1 amp, no more than 15.5" wide, 14" deep, 6" high. Doesn't have to have a ton of power, should support 5.1 and DTS, simpler is bettern in an RV. Thanks a million, sure wish I was going this year.

Dan
This may be hard to find but I sure will look around. Are you sure you can't go at least 17" wide? The Panny XR55 or Onkyo LR552 sure fits the bill if you can. If not I suggest some all-in-one DVD/HTIB like a Coby or somethin'.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
GED,

knew I didnt really have to ask about that next gen Panny *LOL*

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Quote:
Marantz is going to unveil a new pre/pro that has everything inside including hdmi 1.2 and audessy room correction...
More info please :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
GED,

Cary is planning two new non-tube prepros. One is simpler version of Cinema 6 for custom installers and the other will be their flagship model. If time permits, please see if you could find more info on features/MSRP/release date, etc.

Thank you.

Jigesh

·
Registered
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold
Yes, I'm referring to the video transcoding capabilities of the 5805. To me it seems this would require a hardware upgrade and was wondering what the additional cost would be to both current owners and to those yet to purchase.

Thanks for helping clarify, SiriuslyCold!

Andre'

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike
Anything new at Arcam in regards to receivers and pre/pros...

I understand Marantz is going to unveil a new pre/pro that has everything inside including hdmi 1.2 and audessy room correction...

Any info on Sony SXRD sets to be released later in the year without the speakers on the sides.. ;)

All info on new flagship receivers and new pre/pros...

That is all...
Is this true? This may be the pre/pro that I have been waiting for. I sure hope that this is true. I have been interested in the Audyssey room correction but I was not willing to get it in a Denon Receiver.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david*roy
Is this true? This may be the pre/pro that I have been waiting for. I sure hope that this is true. I have been interested in the Audyssey room correction but I was not willing to get it in a Denon Receiver.
returned email from Marantz on 10/31/05

RE: Marantz Product Information Request

Audessey has been in the works for a while, but requires a big change in

DSP, so I am looking at that and HDMI 1.2 is a natural.

Also, the Pre Amp is in development now. It will be upper end and will

hit the streets mid/late next year.

In the mean time, the SR8500 makes for a great preamp.

Thank you,

Kevin Zarow

Vice President, Marketing & Product Development

Marantz America, Inc.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.