AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 months of running my Ceton, I have pretty much decided I want my Ceton in a dedicated host, not an HTPC. I use the Network Tuner app and performance in a remote client Win 7 PC is if anything better than at the host.

I know a few folks on AVS are running Cetons in Windows Home Server boxes. What are the gotcha from a setup persepctive? I have parts coming for the Home Server build what are the advantages of hosting the Ceton in the server beyond consolidation?

Upsides?

Downsides?

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I better bump this..

I know this is only going to have few responders and if I don't keep it on the top page it will get missed by those with some expertise in this subject.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I've been using my Ceton in a Server 2008 R2 box since day one. Do not have a single issue with network tuning to my various win7 HTPCs around the house.

There are two services you may need to enable in WHS in order for the Ceton diagnostic app to correct find your adapter....
http://www.missingremote.com/forums/...server-2008-r2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.