AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone recently bought a Plasma tv from Amazon with the CEVA white glove delivery? How was the experience? I was very worried about buying a Plasma online because of the delivery process, but I took the plunge on Saturday because I could'nt beat the price in any store. I'm curious to find out anyone's experience with these two companies when it comes to Plasmas, worried I'm going to get a broken panel or have a bunch of dead pixles when I turn it on. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
I have bought several LCD's but no Plasma's from Amazon. The delivery from CEVA was excellent!!!

Make sure you inspect the panel before signing. They took it out of the box and set it on the stand , also waited for me to turn it on and make sure everything was ok before I had to sign.

·
Registered
353 Posts
My first Panny plasma came broken. I was stupid and didnt check the screen until after the idiot driver left. It should have been a warning sign that he brought the TV in vertically...

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS Check the screen/condition of the unit before signing!

·
Premium Member
18,331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by combos99 /forum/post/15413984

My first Panny plasma came broken. I was stupid and didnt check the screen until after the idiot driver left. It should have been a warning sign that he brought the TV in vertically..

The CEVA White Glove Delivery guy did this ?? And you didn't think to check the TV for damage or slug the driver in the forehead?

·
Registered
113 Posts
They brought it in the front door and asked me to sign the delivery order. I asked to make sure it wasn't broken before I signed. Only then did they open the box. They did not stay to help put it on the pedestal. I saw no difference in white glove delivery service and any other delivery service.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My ordering from Amazon went pretty well. I ordered a Pioneer 5020 and it got here in perfect condition and a lot faster than I expected. If I had a complaint, it would be that they never called me ahead of time to arrange delivery. The driver called me and said, "I'm in town with your tv...where exactly is your house?" It's a good thing I was home on vacation this week, or I would have missed it. Amazon's site said to expect delivery on Jan. 7th, and it got here on Dec. 30. I had ordered it on Dec. 24th, so with the holiday and the weekend, I thought the speed of delivery was fantastic. The delivery guy helped me carry it up the stairs, and waited until I unpacked it to check for damage. All in all, a pretty good experience.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by combos99 /forum/post/15413984

My first Panny plasma came broken. I was stupid and didnt check the screen until after the idiot driver left. It should have been a warning sign that he brought the TV in vertically...

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS Check the screen/condition of the unit before signing!

I'm sorry, but you're just as much of an idiot if you didn't refuse the shipment just by seeing him vertically bring it to your house. Then to not check it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.