AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cable box is a General Instrument CFT2200 (from CableVision). There is a hole on the back of the box that is labeled IR Blaster Plug. Does anyone know if this is related to the RePlay IR blaster? Or can someone explain what this is for, if anything.

Also, am I better off connecting the box to the RePlay using the L-R-V RCA plugs rather than the coax out?

Finally, where is the IR on the front of this box - I am assuming it is all they way over on the upper right corner but would like confirmation of this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i have the same box.. as far as i know that is an ir out, not an ir in, meaning the box can control other devices, not the otehr way arround.

as for the rca outs.. mine dont work, only the rf out does. Not sure if you have to specifically request a box that does

-jeff

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff - thanks for the response. Do you know where the IR is on the front? Do you use the IR blaster?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For a new installation, I can't get the cable box to recognize the codes from the replay remote.

The CFT2200 is really (according to the mfr's label) a CFT2254/0/800/R2/I2

- anyone know the code for this cable box?

thanks

aj

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have this box and have the ReplayTV (4504) set to use 0276 without tweaking. I have the IR Blaster placed just to the right of the digital display on the cable box.

However, when I first bought the ReplayTV I could not get the IR Blaster to work with either the CFT220 or a Jerrold DPBB7 box I also have. I ended up sending the ReplayTV back to SB for a replacement which has been working fine (with only 1 or 2 channel 'misfires') since.

HTH

Joel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.