AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had all my TVs since 2003 calibrated. My 2003 RPTV and 2007 Pansonic Plasma were done by Eliab from Avical. My VT50 was done by D-Nice and my two 65VT60s were just done by Chad B.

First, all my previous calibrations were excellent, so I expected no less. After reading all the reviews about Chad and the reviews he has done I decided to give Chad a try. Chad arrived promptly as scheduled. He got set up and he asked about my viewing habits and environment. We discussed my current (CNET) settings since I was happy with the light output and pop. He then proceed to discuss gamma options and since I did not need a day/night setup we agreed on doing Pro1 as gamma 2.22 and then Pro2 with gamma BT1866 since more newer movies are targeting that gamma.

Chad explained everything he was doing at each step. During the pre-calibration measurements he pointed out the CNET settings had a heavy magenta on both TVs. Also the light output on both was 38fl so we decided to target that output since I use a bias light. Both gamma calibrations took about 40 minutes each. 3D was a bit more challenging, but his finesse was able to dial in all three settings on each TV to as close to perfection as possible. With a lunch break Chad spent 8 hours doing both TVs and after each we did some sample viewing, and I was blown away. The picture looked ok before, but looked lifelike and fully immersive. We looked at Fifth Element, Lord of The Rings, and Gravity. Boy does Gravity show off the blacks and Fifth Elemnet is still a top 5 reference disc.

During his visit we had several conversations about the state of the industry and the future for enthusiats with the end of plasma approaching. We talked about how good TVs have gotten with out of box settings, but yet there is still enough room for noticeable improvement and after seeing the results from Chad's work I agree that there a noticeable difference. The easiest thing to notice is in skin tones and how damn perfect they look now, sure they were good for many people before, but the skin tones now make the image so perfect like you are literally looking through a a window at real life.

I can not recommend Chad enough. Very personable, very professional and very much into delivering the ultimate in perfection. He was well worth every penny spent. If you need your TV calibrated and are in an area Chad tours do yourself a favor and let him unleash the true potential of your TV.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I agree Chad did my 65vt60 & pioneer krp-500m last month and I'm very pleased with my results highly recommend Chad for anyone looking to get the very best out of there sets.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I can also wholeheartedly recommend Chad to do your calibrations. He has done several for me over the years. You won't find a more personable and professional calibrator!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Chad is coming out to the San Francisco area in May. So far there are six of us signed up for his magic. I'm very happy with my Panny 55VT60 but can't wait to see what kind of extra juice the Master Obi Wan of Calibration can get out of my set.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov  /t/1524453/chad-b-calibration-review#post_24543455

How do you like the BT1886 gamma setting mode? I love it on my Chad B calibrated VT60.

I have not spent much time looking at much with that setting yet. It is a subtle difference in the mid tones from what he explained. We did agree that Gravity looked better in that gamma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts