Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is one better over the other?

Also are either of these better than my onboard audio on the ASUS P4P800S?

Which is 6 Channel Audio & SoundMAX Digital Audio System

The SoundMAX Digital Audio System is the industry's highest performance and most reliable audio solution for business perfessionals, audiophiles, musicians, and gamers. SoundMAX Digital Audio System can output 5.1 channel surround sound and features state-of-the-art DLS2 MIDI synthesizer with Yamaha DLSbyXG sound set, 5.1 Virtual Theaterâ„¢ and supports and major game audio technologies including Microsoft DirectXâ„¢ 8.0, Microsoft DirectSound 3D, A3D, MacroFX, ZoomFX, MultiDrive 5.1, A3D and EAX.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you plan to use for SPDIF, Chaintech. With no doubt.

I have a Revo, but even my onboard soundcard CMI 8378 has better circuits for SPDIF output. I have a Soundmax too, it is the worst of three.

I don´t know any web with souncards SPDIF objetive comparative.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have a Revo but replaced it quite recently with a Chaintech AV710. I was tired of the continual battles I fought with the drivers. I use S/PDIF. I've found the Chaintech to be stable and perfect for S/PDIF. For Analog the Revo is probably the better choice due to higher quality DACs but be aware that the drivers are a little buggy.

Andy.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cburbs
Well I currently use my onboard S/PDIF and since the chaintech is dirt cheap I thought I might give it a try.

Just want to make sure it will be better than my onboard chipset audio.
If you're using onboard S/PDIF you are unlikely to see any benefit at all from using the Chaintech. The advantages with sound cards over onboard audio come in the analog domain, not when the path is 100% digital.

Andy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.