AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new store "Home Show" opened in Mississauga Ontario Canada (near Oakville) this week, and I stopped by.

I have been looking for a place to try out various home theater seats (i.e. couches with cup holders), that I could sit in, side by side, for a while.

This store has several sub-stores in it, about 1/3 of which are selling plasmas and RPTVs, but the important part is that most of these sub-stores has a 'theme' area with television and a couch.

One of those was a "Messina Loveseat Neosuade #49 scarlet with GSS Silent Subwoofer and amp", with built-into-the-arm wrest headphone jacks.

There is a sub-store called "Home Theatre Seating In A Box" that sells several types of seats (sectionals), and of them I wrote down two types:

1) "Metrolpolitan 4 seat Classic Anthracite", and

2) "Eastwood Suade"

They also had a couple with subwoofers built in that were vibrating -- a fairly boring sensation without corresponding sound and picture.

The power seats all seemed to put the footwrest up first before letting the seat recline at all. I would have prefered to have a little more control over which happened when, and how far.

No berklines though.

Beware -- this superstore sells other things for the house.

So take the significant other at your own risk.

You could easily end up with a new kitchen instead of a home theatre.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks Bob, I'll be sure to check the place out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.