AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha... ok so I want to set up my yamaha yht 393b 5.1 system I just got in my bedroom. I am going to be moving out, but not for about 2 months so I want to set it up as best as possible now.

I will mostly be on the bed when watching the television so can center speakers around that not the tv? If I need to move anything (or take pics down)I can!! lol

Attached are some pics... help me out! haha

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
The sound effects are mixed to come from the display area, so the front three are centered around it.

Since you're moving out in two months, I'd just set up the front three and the sub. Turn the surrounds off and don't use them until you move.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa /forum/post/19606287

The sound effects are mixed to come from the display area, so the front three are centered around it.

Since you're moving out in two months, I'd just set up the front three and the sub. Turn the surrounds off and don't use them until you move.

is that because there is no good place to put them? and then where do i pu the center and two fronts? Also what about the sub

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Well, the center and two fronts go around the TV. Since you have yours in a corner, it would be hard to work the surrounds in, so I would just leave them off until you get your new place (and hopefully not put the TV in the corner there.)

The sub goes where it sounds best.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa /forum/post/19606571

Well, the center and two fronts go around the TV. Since you have yours in a corner, it would be hard to work the surrounds in, so I would just leave them off until you get your new place (and hopefully not put the TV in the corner there.)

The sub goes where it sounds best.

yeah i know not to put it in the corner at the new place haha

Is there like a few different spots I can try that would make the most sense for the sub that I can see what sounds best...so I don't have to move it all over the place

1 - 6 of 6 Posts