AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fooling around with this. It's pretty slick, graphics are really, really nice. I think Sony might be having problem (at least on the PC end) with drawing people, as from what I've seeing, it doesn't look like DCU can stand up to it. If not for the DC lisence I don't think there'd be much reason to buy this (not that I'm buying this anyways).

I suggest you guys give it a shot- it's an open beta, free to all Fileplanet users. I have it running smoothly with all the graphic settings set to max, even with ambient occlusion and edge-detail outline on. It also works with the XBOX 360 controller, but it's better with the keyboard (of course).

·
Registered
942 Posts
Does anyone still play this?

·
Registered
728 Posts
I demo'ed champions online...I didn't care for it. I LOVED City of Heroes. Only reason I stopped playing was because my wife and I were borderline addicted, so had to pull the plug. I'd jump back into CoH if the environments weren't so bland and dated.

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DCU was just announced today to be out around Nov. It looks like it's going to be a pay-to-play deal, when initially it was supposed to be free (it's $49.99 for the client @ Amazon). Here comes another failed MMO in the overcrowded MMO market. As soon as Star Wars comes out it's going to stomp all over this.

Too bad, I'm a big DC Comics fan and would have played this if it involved microtransactions. Meh, I have better things to spend my money on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.