AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have heard the C2 and it sounds great. I’m assuming the plus is basically the same speaker and will sound great as well. I have seen Chane vs Emotiva threads and read up a lot on both over the past year. But, although I’m sure it exists here, I have come across a comparison of just the centers. Thoughts? Room size is 12 X 16, but we’re are house shopping and will likely have a bigger room, but maybe not. So long story short, ignore room size in your assessment.

Also, I’ll throw this out there one more time (apologies in advance, I know this has been brought up a 1,000 times) bonus opinion on T2+ vs A5.5 preferences? Consider one superior to the other?

But the main question is the center one.

Thanks so much, your opinions are always helpful and informative to me

·
Registered
16,964 Posts
The A2.4 has dual 5.25" woofers.

The C2 has dual 6.5" woofers plus dual 3" mid-woofers.

Theoretically, the C2's 3-way design (minimizing "lobing" inherent in 2-way MTM designs like the A2.4) plus larger main woofers would make it a superior choice over the A2.4

The Emotiva currently shows the $400 C2 as "Unavailable" whereas the $300 Chane is showing "in stock."

If you have the space (the C2 is considerably bigger) and extra $100 for the C2 and don't mind waiting for it to get back in stock, it would be a great choice...however if you don't wish to wait, ordering the A2.4 would not be a bad choice either, at all.

I have been using the A2.4 as a center with some JBL towers in my media room, and have never found it wanting. I haven't heard the C2 myself, but I used to have the C1 and compared to the A2.4 I thought they were roughly at the same performance level, i.e. both were great. The A2.4 sounded "bigger" but the C1 had a certain indescribable solidity and fullness that was also very appealing. If I had to choose between those two I'd toss a coin perhaps, though the C1 being $50 cheaper might get the nod.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I already have heard the C2 and it sounds great. I’m assuming the plus is basically the same speaker and will sound great as well. I have seen Chane vs Emotiva threads and read up a lot on both over the past year. But, although I’m sure it exists here, I have come across a comparison of just the centers. Thoughts? Room size is 12 X 16, but we’re are house shopping and will likely have a bigger room, but maybe not. So long story short, ignore room size in your assessment.

Also, I’ll throw this out there one more time (apologies in advance, I know this has been brought up a 1,000 times) bonus opinion on T2+ vs A5.5 preferences? Consider one superior to the other?

Like @Zorba922 said it will be fair to compare that A2.4 within C1, C2 is a beast and it’s huge. Unless you have a very big room, Chane or C1 should do for you.

I have the C2+, exceeded my expectations, just wanted to add I will be swapping my T2 with JBL 590, trying the chane speakers was not an option for me because of the prohibitive shipping costs. If your room is small, I think between chane and emotiva it will be a coin toss, both are good, but I will always say this every speaker has its sonic signature, some you like better than other. But you won’t go wrong with either of the two.

I can also suggest you try the JBL 520 with the JBL 580, they offer free returns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like @Zorba922 said it will be fair to compare that A2.4 within C1, C2 is a beast and it’s huge. Unless you have a very big room, Chane or C1 should do for you.

I have the C2+, exceeded my expectations, just wanted to add I will be swapping my T2 with JBL 590, trying the chane speakers was not an option for me because of the prohibitive shipping costs. If your room is small, I think between chane and emotiva it will be a coin toss, both are good, but I will always say this every speaker has its sonic signature, some you like better than other. But you won’t go wrong with either of the two.

I can also suggest you try the JBL 520 with the JBL 580, they offer free returns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@joy192k, I'm looking at Emotiva T2+. What went into your decision to switch out T2's for JBL 590's?

·
Registered
7,948 Posts

I would wait until the Emotiva C2+ is back in stock and then get the C2+. 3 way is better than 2 way.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts

If you have a receiver with pre outs for the front two, just in case the room size and/or desire for very high volumes taxes your AVR with the Emotivas, then it is a toss up based on AVS experience.

The Chanes would be easier to drive to high volume levels with an AVR lacking pre outs with little chance of taxing the amp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts