AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else have the desire to be able to change channels on the PIP window while keeping the audio from the main tuner? So, you could channel surf while not missing what's going on (video & audio) on the 1st tuner. I think the option of keeping the audio from the 1st tuner while channel surfing on the second would be a great added feature. What does everyone else think?

[This message has been edited by UncleJunior (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I would go for that.

------------------

Directv Subscriber (oval dish+ sat c kit)

RCA UTV, Hughes 2 E25 and 1 Hughes E11

Comcast Subscriber:

cable modem and basic cable

·
Registered
441 Posts
that would be a cool option

not sure how to work it into the interface though..

the feature is useful for me - when i watch 2 games ([email protected] and [email protected] for example), i like to have the sound on the small picture, so i can hear what's going there, while watching the big picture.

same thing with watching sports while listening to news.

(i haven't found much other use for pip anyway, since you generally want to concentrate on what you're watching on)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yes, this is a needed feature. On my TV's PIP you can select audio for either input and it is nice for sports or news as one mentioned. I am sure they could do it with some sort of keyboard combination.

I would also like to be able to enlarge the PIP to two same size windows right next to each other. My 53" Sony does this and it makes it nice to monitor two sporting events at the same time.

------------------

Argee

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm all for that. There are times when I want to keep the audio from either the main window or the PIP while changing the channel on the other window. This shouldn't be too hard in a future software release.

------------------

Life's great when you're great

Two Phillips DSR6000 DirecTiVo receivers

One RCA Ultimate TV receiver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.