AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have never done so on the theater seating but I do have some experience with led lights. If done properly shouldn't be very hard. They have led light strips that you can order online that all you have to do is cut to length and solder the 2 wires *properly polarized of course* on to. I have done is added led lighting to some friends motorcycles and it was a snap. I imagine that the strip lighting is what is installed from the factory anyways. I do not know what the voltage requirements are for the theater seating lights and what size the transformers are so if you where to do this project, I would look at the specifications of the power transformer and make sure that you do not have to add resistors to the + side of the new strip, OR find a strip that matches the output voltage of the power supply. I have found the light strips on amazon order to length. I hope this helps.

edit:

i found this for you on a quick search. I hope that nobody gets mad about a posted link. I have no idea the quality of this particular set just showing it as an example of the possibility.
http://www.amazon.com/Ledwholesalers-Changing-LED-Strip-Controller/dp/B0040FJ27S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343842577&sr=8-1&keywords=led+strip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts